Melvin A. Sanders
1142 44th Place, SE. Washington, DC 20019
202.575.0079 – 202.674.0071
Seeking a challenging and rewarding position as a Computer Specialist/Network Administrator, building upon my knowledge and experience with an organization that promotes professional advancement and personal growth.
Security Clearance obtained 1-12-2014
Intra Tech 8/6/2010 to 3/19/2013 Amaram Technology Corporation 3/20/2013 to 5/5/14
U.S. International Trade Commission
Sr. Service Engineer
• Sr Windows 7 Migration
• Responsible for providing desktop, printers and software support for the U.S International Trade Commission.
• Built and maintain images for Dell 6400,6410,6320, 6230 Laptops , 960 OptiPlex and using Acronis and Ghost
• Resolved all Microsoft Office 2003-2010, XP, Blackberries, IPad, Iphones, MAC’s, Droids,
• RCA Tokens and software issues
• Create users and computer in the Active Directory and Exchange 07-2010
• Manage Technician when the manager is not in.
• Create and Manage Windows Server 03, 08 and Windows 7 GPO’s
• Deploy SCCM
• Folder permission admin
• Provide Support to remote users for Citrix
• User BMC and ManageEngine Service Desk
Department of Immigration Health Services/Homeland Security
Jr.Network Support Engineer
• Responsible for providing network support for the Department of Immigration Health Services (DIHS) Headquarters offices and 25 field sites nationwide for over 700 users.
• Built and maintained MS Exchanger 2003 Servers, SQL Servers, Domain Servers, Citrix Servers and monitored servers, with a team of three other Network Support Engineers
• Maintained and upgraded all network components (switches, routers, firewalls) and servers (diagnose, obtain and replace failed parts)
• Maintained the DIHS Active Directory (AD) infrastructure, governing user’s accounts, and troubleshooting replication issues, implemented and resolved Group Policy Object issues using various AD utilities
• Installed and configured of Left Hand Storage Area Networks (SAN) in support of maintaining backups at HQ and field sites; test disaster recovery procedures
• Built and maintained Altiris 6.0, Blackberry Management Server and Casetrakker (an electronic medical records application)
United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Executive Securities Technician (Contractor)
• Resolved all Microsoft Office 2003, XP, Phones, Blackberries, Hardware, Network, LAN, VPN, RCA Tokens and software issues
• I worked as the Helpdesk Administrator for all Executives, Counsel to the Chairman and Speechwriter at the Securities and Exchange Commission that were appointed by President Bush
United States Postal Service, 3/04-7/04
Office of Inspector General/MSD
System Administrator/Client Support Specialist (Contractor)
• Responsible for resolving Microsoft Office 2000 – 2003, XP, IP phones, TermServ, VPN, Hardware, Software and Heat for all the USPSOIG technical questions
• During my tenure as a USPSOIG contract employee, I took part in the upgrade from windows 2000 to windows XP for the entire USPSOIG
• Tasked to assist the telecommunications section; my responsibility included moving telephones, punching telephone boards, setting up video conferences and Blackberry for the United States Postal Service Office of Inspector General
Bowhead Support Services, 9/03-3/04
U.S Department of Transportation
System/Network Migration Engineer (Contractor)
• Responsible for migrating 5000 Systems from NT 2000 to XP and Exchange 5.5 to 03
• Troubleshooting problems, installing printers, drivers, scanners, faxes, internal/external drives and installing various software for departments within the U.S Department of Transportation
• Responsible for migrating sixteen network domains to one network domain, troubleshooting and maintaining the network
SOTEC/Internal Revenue Services, 6/01-6/03
Migration Network PC Installer Administrator (Contractor),
• Responsible for power-up, load pre-package software, install printer drivers, configure workstations, and performing routine testing (testing includes: verifying that the hard disk drive Image has been properly installed, and operating as intended
• Ensured that the new and upgraded workstations, monitors, memory and related components and software work as intended and in accordance with Client test plan guidelines
• Tested printing to the Client laser printers, dot matrix levy printers, and network printers; and ensured connectivity and authentication to the server)
• Required to travel 95% of the time and I held a Minimal Background Investigation clearance
Apex Systems, 12/00-9/01
System Engineer/Network Administrator (Contractor)
• Responsible for building Web, Communication, Video, and Database Traffic Servers
• Configured and serviced the Operations Interface System, interfacing with network administrators to troubleshoot computer issues on DHCP, DNS, and WINS servers
• Provided software support & upgrades, and technical & disaster recovery to the software group and others in the office.
• System Engineer deals with SQL Servers, Sybase, NT, Windows 2000, 95, 98, Dell 1300, 2400, 4400, 2450, XPS 400, Arc, Shiva, RAS, GXA, V400, Precision 220 Servers and OIs and CISCO routers, switches, and hubs, digi ports, Master Views, and laptops from Dell and IBM.
PC Help Services, 7/00-10/00
Help Desk Administrator (Contractor)
• Provided software support, software upgrades, and technical and disaster recovery to over 350 users throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area, New York, United Kingdom, Japan, and Australia.
• My responsibilities also included configuring desktop and laptop computers.
• Interfaced with agency network administrators to troubleshoot computer issues
• Installed and configured Windows 95, 98 & 2000, Windows NT, and Macintosh workstations.
Lockheed Martin IMS, 7/97-6/00
Junior Network System Administrator
• Built PC NT configuration, programming and troubleshooting computers
• LAN Administrator for the Bureau of Traffic Adjudication in charge of more than 100 personal computers
• Knowledgeable of other systems and software to include Unix, Microsoft NT, Windows 95, 98 & 2000, Oracle, PC Anywhere and Norton Ghost
• Other duties included installation and maintenance of NT server and hardware and software installation.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
University of the District of Columbia
Washington, District of Columbia
September 1994 – May 1996
ICI Systems, Inc.
Washington, District of Columbia
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer & A+
November 1, 1999 – November 1, 2000
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE 2003)
Storage Area Networks (SANS)
References provided upon request
(Amaram Boss) Operation Manager
(USITC Government Boss)Veronica Robinson
3413 Bantry Way
Olney MD 20832
(Chief Information Security Officer) Glenn Burrows
2807 Erie ST S.E.
Washington, DC, 20020
Cell: (630) 631-4609
20512 Strath Haven Drive
Montgomery Village, MD 20886
Cell- 240 645-2494