Jamika Burnette Watts
Write, research, and revise creative print copy, press releases, and all online/paper content.
•Experienced writer of feature articles, short stories, biographies, essays, editorial pieces, press releases, research papers, and creative print.
• Well versed with editing/proofreading, and encompass high speed typing and reading abilities.
• Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with virtually all writing styles including the AP writing format; SEO, how-to articles, research reports etc.
• Competent researcher, interviewer, and reporter.
• Won 2nd place in the Abrendal Austin National Poetry Writing Contest 2013
B.A., English: Concentration Creative Writing
Appalachian State University Present
09/09 - Present
Web Content Writer- Yahoo! Voices
• Write content articles based on self-select topics from an assignment panel.
• Contribute several articles/photos on various subjects.
• Maintain relevant articles in accordance with latest events.
Local News/Restaurant Web Reporter – Examiner.com, Greensboro, NC
• Report the latest news and events for restaurants in the triad area.
• Interview local restaurant managers and staff, regarding latest events and cuisine.
• Create a variety of fresh, new, innovative ideas for articles in coverage area.
06/10 – 12/12
Web Content Writer – Demand Media Studios, New York, NY
• Published several feature articles for assigned writing projects.
• Exposure to various aspects of media publication.
• Utilized AP and SEO format to keep articles fresh and updated.
• Worked diligently with deadlines and turn-around times.
08/09 - 03/10
Freelance Web Writer/ Editor –Mahalo.com, Santa Monica, CA
• Edited and proofread periodicals for events, news, and communication updates.
• Assisted with copywriting, advertising layout, and press releases.
• Completed research writing projects with the use of online documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Computer Skills Outlook • Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) • Outlook • Windows 7