MD MUZAHIDUL ISLAM FCMA
House#35, Flat#1B, Lake Circus, Kalabagan, Dhaka-1207
More than 10 years of experience in Budgeting and Planning, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Management Accounting, Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, GL & Fixed assets and Financial Reporting. Started career with world’s third largest healthcare company named Sanofi-Aventis in 2004 then moved to Novartis Bangladesh Limited another giant healthcare company in the globe, then joined in Africa’s leading Telecommunication company Orascom Telecom Bangladesh Limited and finally moved to Avery Dennison a fortune 500 company covered most of the accounting and Finance roles.
I am a hard-working, committed professional accountant looking for a long-term opportunity with a growing company within the business community. I wish to utilize my education, professional experience and management skills in a way which would be advantageous to both my employer and me.
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
?Budgeting ?Strategic planning ?Accounts Payable ?Accounts Receivable ?Payroll & Tax ?Advanced User in MS Excel ? Bank Reconciliation ?Attentive to details ?Dealings with deadlines ? Financial Accounting & Reporting ?Fixed assets management ? Management reporting ?Project analysis ?Product pricing ?Proactive and punctual ? Team Player
Fellow member from The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh
A member of IFAC(International Federation of Accountants)
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Avery Dennison is a fortune 500 company. It is having operations in more than 60 countries across the globe and in most of the countries they are the market leader in the Information and Solution business market. It deals with world’s famous brands by providing solutions. It’s latest product inclusion is the RFID which is a complete and dynamic solution for inventory management and it also works as an anti theft device which has gained customer’s satisfaction.
Manager Financial Planning & Analysis Period: November 2011 – till to date
• Manage the planning and direction of projects
• Manage closing, financial controls, compliances, forecasting, budgeting process improvements
• Oversee the efficient operation and cost effectiveness of operating system and objectives
• Monitor and evaluate project progress and results to determine improvements in procedures needed to meet ultimate objectives
• Preparation and distribution of financial management reports
• Conduct financial studies and analyses as requested by the management
• Ensure that all reports and disclosures comply with applicable regulations, professional standards and organization policies
• Formulate recommendations and implement policies or plans to increase the organization’s profitability
• Prioritize time to focus on big issues
• Demonstrate and inspire integrity
• Focus on complex planning issues around the Annual Operating plan
• Drive strategic plan preparation
• Manage the preparation of all projects related to new business opportunities; analyse significant variance from planned or forecasted results and provide interpretative comments and recommendations to senior management
• Analyse product pricing to determine profitability; recommend adjustments
• Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
Orascom Telecom Bangladesh limited (Banglalink)
Orascom telecom Bangladesh limited ("banglalink") is fully owned by orascom telecom holding s.a.e, Egypt, ("OTH"); the ultimate parent company of the group is VimpelCom, the 6th largest mobile phone operator in the world. Banglalink was acquired by OTH in 2004, and after a complete overhaul and the deployment of a new GSM network, its telecommunication services were re-launched under the brand name banglalink. When banglalink began operations in Bangladesh in February 2005, its impact was felt immediately: overnight mobile telephony became an affordable option for customers across a wide range of market segments. Banglalink currently has 25.05million subscribers as of March 2014, representing a market share of 27.03%
Budgeting, Planning and Reporting Manager Period: January 2007 – November 2011
• Monthly reporting to corporate head quarters
• General ledger reconciliation and involved with month and year closing activities
• Perform yearly financial statement preparation (Statement of financial position, Statement of comprehensive income, Statement of changes in equity, Statement of cash flows and Notes) as per IAS and IFRS
• Supervise the reconciliation of all major vendors’ statement, bank reconciliation statement periodically
• Supervise Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable activities
• Fixed assets register maintenance, schedule preparation, depreciation run etc.,
• Face external audit and meet queries
• Process employee expense claims in line with company’s personnel policies and guidelines
• Preparation of Yearly Budget and Quarterly Forecast with proper matching with the relevant assumptions.
• Preparation of monthly management reports with relevant trend analysis
• Variance analysis to identify the gap between actual vs. forecast and commentary
• Budget coordination with department heads and preparation of monthly cost centre reports and variance analysis
• Capital budgeting and Project analysis.
• Prepare Long term Business plan for 10 years to see the business viability
• Provide detail market analysis on commercial part to the management to set commercial strategy
• Prepare comparative analysis of operating expenses of different companies in the industry and ensure to bring efficiency in the operating expenses
• Developed expertise on accounts closing and financial reporting
• Developed technical skills of preparation management & reporting activities.
• Developed excellent understanding of Oracle financials & Hyperion reporting tool as a user level.
• Developed technical and analytical skills to prepare long term business plan and quarterly budget & forecast.
• Developed excellent analytical skills by taking part in analysing companies’ performance against budget, industry benchmark and relevant KPI.
• Developed excellent time management skills through regular prioritisation of works and meeting delivery deadlines
• Excellent understanding of client management’s skill both internal and external.
• Developed opportunity to work in multicultural environments.
• Have great attention to details
• Have outstanding customer service skills
• Have advanced communication skills
• Have proven mentality to work in a team
• Able to work with deadlines
Novartis Bangladesh Limited
Novartis is a Swiss based multinational pharmaceutical company ranked number two in sales $46.8 billion in 2010. It was in the 2nd position in 2011 and planned to take first position in the world by 2018. Novartis was created in 1996 through the merger of Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz, discovered and developed many innovative products for patient and consumers worldwide. Novartis is having a strong reputation in the market as the leader in Research & Development. It spends billions of dollars in new products development and strengthening their presence in the market.
Business Planning Analyst Period: July 2005 to January 2007
• Strategic plan preparation
• Yearly budget & Forecast preparation
• Group reporting
• Preparation of financial statements periodically
• Analyze budget and actual results on a monthly basis
• Monitor & control over expenses, ROI, EBIT& MR
• Fixed asset management
• Bank Reconciliation and General ledger reconciliation follow up on all outstanding items
• Accrue all services on a monthly basis to capture all the costs within the period of its occurrence
• Supervision and monitoring of credit and collection from major customers.
• Monthly sales statistics preparation and analysis
• Cost centre expense report preparation and analysis
• Advertisement & promotional expense analysis
• Management report for performance evaluation and compare with budget and last year performance to analyze the achievement vs. budget and growth over last
• Drive S&OP meeting to maintain the working capital within budgeted level and also to ensure smooth supply of all products both imported and locally manufactured
• Participate in the monthly conference to discuss the monthly performance with Head quarter
• Regular correspondence with business controller and the brand managers and resolve queries
Sanofi-aventis is now the sixth largest pharmaceutical company with a very good track record specially in vaccination. Sanofi-aventis was created in 2004 when Sanofi-Synthelabo bought Aventis. Sanofi-aventis has it’s presence in more than 100 countries with 112 industrial sites and more than 20 Research and Development sites. It is having continuous research and launching innovative products day by day.
Sanofi-aventis Bangladesh is closely working with cancer patients and also dealing with the vaccination products being a market leader. It ensures to deliver world class medicine to patients with an affordable price.
Executive Control; Period: March 2004- July 2005
• Accounts receivable, accounts payable function and General ledger reconciliation
• Assist in Payroll management- Maintenance of payroll register, Payroll reconciliation and payroll disbursement via electronic transfer to bank accounts.
• Fixed asset register maintenance, fixed asset schedule preparation, assets addition, disposal, deprecation run etc.,
• More than 500 management staff’s allowable expenses process, reimbursement and accounting entries and reporting.
• Record update and make payment for Group Insurance policy for management staff and Graded staff
• Bank reconciliation
• Provident Fund Management
• Assist in Business Plan and Budget preparation
• P&L preparation for Brand, Product line and Business unit to analyse the performance separately
• Ad hoc responsibilities as advised by Manager
• Monitoring L/Cs
• Capital budgeting process monitoring and analysis
Computer/system knowledge and skills:
• Oracle Financial: GL, AP.
• SAP: Fixed Asset module, AP & AR module, FICO, MM Module.
• Hyperion: Reporting tool
• FRS: Financial reporting tool
Master in Accounting - 2000
National University Dhaka, Bangladesh
Bachelor of Commerce - 1996
National University Dhaka, Bangladesh
• Excellent in speaking, writing, reading and understanding English
• Excellent in speaking, writing, reading and understanding Bengali
• “Stepping into Leadership” arranged by International Institute of Management, Bangalore, India (13th to 18th Jan 2014)
• “Engaging Manager” organized by Avery Dennison (2nd to 3rd Jul 2012)
• Training on “Hyperion reporting module” organized by Orascom Telecom Holdings, Cairo, Egypt (29th Nov to 5th Dec 2009)
• “How to prepare Budget and Strategic plan for Telecom Business” arranged by Orascom Telecom Holdings, Cairo, Egypt (15th to 22nd Jun 2008)
• “Innovation and Cost optimization” organized by Novartis Singapore Limited(7th to 12th May 2006)
• “Internal control process” facilitated by Novartis regional office
• Star habits of highly skilled people
• Training on Foreign Exchange accounting and it’s impact on the business