GREGORY J. BAUGHMAN
? Business Writer
? Quality Process Documentation and Implementation Consultant
? White Paper Documentation Specialist
? Federal Contractor Sales Consultant
I am a semi-retired Management Consultant with boundless energy and years of experience. I charge:
$35 per hour in exchange for my terms/non-negotiable (***):
(**terms) Contract and Statement of Work predefined –flexibility for me to provide all services from my own home office with one maybe two client visits per week maximum. I work on a retainer basis only, so expect to partially compensate me in advance for my work. Justifying this arrangement takes two minutes of discussion. I have many references that I will provide that have engaged my services under these very same terms and are very satisfied with the arrangement, the total engagement, my subsequent work ethic and most important, “the results.” Compare this fee and arrangement to others that charge $ 60-75 per hour – some of whom absolutely know very little about the process, expertise and writing styles for proposal submissions that result in winning contracts!”
I absolutely will not engage in a client relationship when I feel that the solicitation or RFP/RFQ is just not winnable. This is an outright waste of my time and your money!
Industries, products and subject matter expertise for me include: Information Technology, Software Development, Quality Process Engineering (CMMI, Agile/SCRUM, ISO) Facilities Management, Logistics, Manufacturing, Construction, Federal and Commercial Health, ERP, Business Intelligence and Statistical Analytics.
Related Competency Narrative
I am a senior-level Federal Sales and Capture Management professional with 12 years of experience helping Federal Contractors sell products and services to Federal Civilian and Military agencies (or commercial sector as well).
Over the course of the past 12 years I have provided services as a management consultant, led companies to achieve quality process certifications preparing and executing the project plan for the effort and writing all of the required documentation. I provide proposal writing services and have contributed to winning over 500 million dollars in IDIQ and Task Order awards. I specialize in assisting 8(a) certified organizations with sales, proposal writing and FAR 15.600 (unsolicited proposal) preparation and presentation.
In my most recent engagement: I performed the duties of a Sales and Capture Coordinator for Pernix/Serka Joint Venture LLC (PSJV), a Turkish held US based company desiring to do business with the Department of State and Diplomatic Security Office through the Overseas Building Organization (OBO). In an effort to respond to an Aegis LTD award soliciting a General Contractor to perform construction in Afghanistan, I worked on preparing the capability statement and orals to sell the services to competently build a Containerized Housing Unit community in Kabul Afghanistan to rebuild Camp Eggers.
For proposal writing, I specifically use Shipley Associates sales, capture management and proposal writing/management methodologies. I am additionally skilled to provide sales /opportunity identification and perform the market research (capture) that produce accurate “’bid-no-bid” decisions.
I have provided capture planning/capture management, proposal writing, and proposal team management services to leading edge companies such as General Dynamics, SAIC, Raytheon and other mid/large size commercial/federal focused contractors that provide IT services or resell products. This includes many smaller firms as well.
KEY CAPTURE/PROPOSAL MANAGEMENTSKILLS
The skills that I bring to the table throughout our engagement will include:
• Good solid proposal and other writing skills
• A strategic perspective and understanding of business functions complemented with ability to drive response teams and to execute timely with full compliancy
• Having direct intimate experience with IT, SDLC, construction, manufacturing and other industries
• Having a “Global” perspective and knowledge of the international playing field including foreign country “Ministry” relationships
• Good solid facilities management background
• Having senior-level expertise in business communications planning
• Being Shipley9+ trained. Solid writing and presentation skills
• Managing teams; subject matter experts, teaming partner content providers etc.
• Possessing an exceptional technical aptitude and understanding of IT
• Past government clearances include Public Trust and Secret
• I am a Quality Assurance specialist with expertise implementing CMMI (Level II,III) and or ISO Framework(s) and the ability to execute the implementation of these processes company-wide
• Consultative, problem-solving approach
• Extensive experience with global teams
• Responsible, reliable, self-starter, multi-tasker
I am looking to obtain new clients within a Federal focused contractor environment to provide Capture Management/Proposal and other executive writing. I possess considerable experience leading growth initiatives leveraging the many relationships that I have established.
• Business Administration Penn State University (2 year degree) – Finished Bachelors through Columbus University New Orleans LA
• LSI Shipley trained
• PMI Certified
• Technical certifications (CCNE, CMMI, ISO. Appian Business Process Modeling
• Cisco trained (router/switch configuration and campus network design-no certifications)
• Project Management Institute methodology training EDS