ANNE M. SWYERS
• B.A. Webster University-Legal Studies Major 2005, GPA 3.86
• Departmental Honors 2005
• Member of Lambda Epsilon Chi National Honor Society for Legal Studies
• Associate Degree-St. Louis Community College 2003 - Legal Studies
• Paralegal Certificate 2003
Proficient Software skills:
• Word (2010, 2007, 2003)
• Access (2010, 2007, 2003)
• Outlook (2010, 2007, 2003)
• PowerPoint (2010, 2007, 2003)
• Excel (2010, 2007, 2003)
• Adobe Acrobat X Pro
• Adobe InDesign • WordPress
• Trial Director
Behr, McCarter & Potter, P.C. – Paralegal (2007-Present)
• Assist attorneys in all aspects of trial - prepare exhibits by using Trial Director and PowerPoint.
• Set up and utilize audio visual equipment to present trial exhibits.
• Create clips from synchronized video depositions for use during trial.
• Responsible for updates to Social Media sites for firm: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
• Responsible for all firm marketing and advertising.
• Responsible for maintaining firm website as well as 2 additional firm practice areas’ websites.
• Responsible for firm e-newsletter using WordPress and Constant Contact.
• Created Access databases for firm including Expert Witness database, Client Matter database, Provider Tracking database, and Human Resource database.
• Create PowerPoint presentations for marketing new business.
• Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to my job; share newly acquired knowledge with staff.
• Prepare training classes for staff in Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Excel, and Basic Computer Skills.
• Keep and monitor legal volumes and books to ensure that law library is up-to-date.
• In-house expert for all IT related problems.
• Train staff in the use of all new software programs.
• Prioritize and coordinate projects while managing multiple, simultaneous tasks.
• Ability to communicate with partners, associates, staff, customers, and vendors by telephone, in written form, email or in person.
• Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Windows, Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word Press.
• Serve documents upon individuals and parties and prepare affidavits for filing with court clerk.
• Perform legal research using Westlaw, LexisNexis, and Rejis.
Behr, McCarter & Potter, P.C. – Legal Assistant (2004-2006)
• Prepared legal documents including pleadings, discovery, mechanic's liens and wills.
• Filed electric documents with U.S. District Court CM/ECF system.
• Strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills, highly detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage workload.
• Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Windows, Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Lindenwood Heights – Apartment Manager Part-time (2013-Present and 1997-2005)
• Interview potential tenants; perform background/credit checks on potential tenants.
• Resolve maintenance problems, tenant issues, and rent collections for 140 units.
• Create and maintain website and all social media sites with relevant information pertaining to the rental industry.
United States District Court – Judicial Assistant (2007)
• Responsible for a variety of administrative and secretarial duties for managing the office of a Magistrate Court Judge.
• Managed the judge's court and professional calendar; coordinating and scheduling motions, pre-trial hearings, trials, conferences, and committee meetings.
• Reviewed case files for accuracy, format compliance and completeness before scheduled hearings.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with Judges, offices of the Clerk of Court, States Attorneys, Public Defenders, private attorneys, law clerks, state and local law enforcement, and the general public. Work was often of a sensitive and confidential nature.
• Ability to handle individuals who were under stress with courtesy, tact, and patience.
Dunlop & McCarter - Legal Assistant (2002-2004)
? Transcribed pleadings and documents for domestic, bankruptcy, traffic, and probate.
• Assisted with trial preparations.