Design and Development for the web has been a passion of mine professionally since 2009. Whether it’s a responsive website, mobile UI or a web application, I love the whole process of building something from concept to finished product.
• 5 years as a web designer, front-end and back-end developer with an emphasis on the former.
• Professionally created over 100 projects including dynamic websites, web applications, Wordpress plugins and more.
• Contributed 6+ tutorials on the tutsplus network covering web design theory, css, HTML5 and more.
• Contributed Wordpress plugins, CSS3 UI kits and jQuery scripts on CodeCanyon while selling over 100.
SMD Enterprises – 2013 to 2014 | www.derbydeals.com
Senior Designer & Developer
• Took over as lead designer & developer for the existing SMD flagship product, www.derbydeals.com (built in Wordpress/WP-Ecommerce) while overseeing freelancers.
• Had multiple duties including web design, web development (front/back-end), graphic design, server administration, project management/planning, content management, copywriting along with other duties.
• Increased page rank for SEO targeted keywords.
• Technologies and tools used: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, jQuery, Wordpress, Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks, Sublime, Git, MySQL, AngularJS, SASS and others.
Leap Agency – 2012 to 2013 | www.leapagency.com
• Was the sole developer on a small team of 3.
• Built and maintained client websites.
• Technologies were 90% Wordpress using HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, PHP, SASS, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Prototype and the rest raw PHP with some ASP.NET mixed in.
• Went beyond clients expectations by adding in additional features and understanding their vision.
• Increased productivity by creating a Wordpress framework (main theme) that handled common tasks such as importing Google Analytics, custom back-end branding, etc.
• Occasionally met with clients to assess their business goals and determine a viable roadmap for their web presence.
• Built advanced custom plugins for clients with unique needs.
eLIONWEB – 2010 to 2013| www.elionweb.com
• Work on each project from start to finish, including concept, design and development.
• Manage projects with a team of outsourced workers using PRM tools such as Basecamp, then Skype for collaboration.
• Increased brand awareness and company viability through internet marketing, blogging and participating in various online communities.
• Used all front/back-end and design tools/technologies. These include HTML5, CSS3, PHP, jQuery, Wordpress, Joomla and Adobe Suite among others.
Freelancer – 2009 to 2010 | www.justinhubbard.me
Web & Application Designer/Developer
• Spent time focusing on designing and developing custom Wordpress themes and plugins, CSS3 UI Elements, scripts and other digital products.
• Increased visibility through LinkedIn and Twitter networking, SEO, consulting and community participation.
• Built a standalone Email Marketing Campaign software in PHP using Twitter Bootstrap and YII framework, similar to Mailchimp or Aweber.
• Constantly continuing my education, improving skills and giving back to the open-source community by sharing my knowledge though tutorials, blogs and helping on StackOverflow.com as well as Forrst.com.
Project Management Cross-Platform/Cross-Browser testing Copywriting Blogging Brand Development & Management PSD to HTML
Drupal Agile Development SASS Laravel Twitter Bootstrap AngularJS
• www.behance.net/justinhubbard - Personal portfolio. www.linkedin.com/in/iamjustinhubbard - Professional LinkedIn profile.
• Staging.navigate.ribbitt.com – One of my most recent projects.
• www.codecanyon.net/user/elion - Marketplace where I create and sell various scripts.
• www.webdesign.tutsplus.com/author/justin/ - #1 tutorial site on the web where I contribute lessons to the design & development community.
Justin Hubbard - 2013