Name: Saidi Hamisi Saidi
Date of birth: 10th June 1985
Phone number: +254 724 606 759 or 0700027611
To contribute and participate in a professional production atmosphere.
To continue to gain knowledge and experience in video production and photography, and become part of an active community of photographers and film makers.
To work for an organization that offers a challenging, Stimulating and multidimensional environment. Provides scope for individual development and offers attractive prospects for long term career.
Dynamic/self motivated, presentable and ability to work under pressure.
I am obedient, responsible, humble, hardworking and caring.
I am honest and believe in team work.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Out spoken, resourceful, work well under pressure, discipline, organized, and flexible.
Ability to work individually, very quick learner.
1996 - 1999 Rabai Road Secondary school
1988 - 1995 Mwangaza Primary school
Digital 8, Beta Cam,DVCam, HDV cameras and DSR
„«Photography Both indoor and outdoor work.
„«Conversant with still analogue and Digital cameras
„«Video coverage and Editing both Digital and analogue.
„«News coverage for T.V.
2008 2011 Standard newspaper journalist/ktn
2004 - 2007 Cameraman, Video Editor and Production Coordinator
·(worked as cameraman of documentaries under MYSA, recently production coordinator for a documentary done by Shootback for the KFW new school project in Mathare)
1997 - 2007 Photographer
·(took photos and documented all events under MYSA, these included photography in 10 projects operated in Kenya, one project in Sudan, one in Zimbabwe. Sports photos for all tournaments held from 1999 - 2007)
2007 Camera Operator
·( "If You Let Me Play!" Infomercial NIKE Inc. worldwide campaign)
2007 Camera Operator
·(Sports for Social Change Network Workshop documentary(USAID, SAD, CARE Int., NIKE Inc.)
2007 Camera operator
·( "Laureus Sports for Good Foundation" documentary)
2005 Camera operator
·("The New Rumbek", Sudan mission documentary shoot in Rumbek, Sudan under Prince Claus Fund from Holland)
·("SHOOTBACK", book published in United Kingdom)
1998 Photo Exhibition
·(My exhibition at Zimbabwe international bookfair in Harare)
1998 Three photos were published in "Focus on Africa 1998" and "The New York Times Earth Magazine"
Cameras used Video Cameras and Hi - Def. Cameras
· Sony DSR 300, Sony DSR 390 PK2, Sony-PD 150 and 170, Sony HDV-Z1E, Panasonic DVX 100AE
2007 MoFORCE Training for television and films
· organized by The Mohamed Amin Foundation in Nairobi. Course: course in camera operation and sound production
June 2005 Certificate in Digital Video Processing
· organized by the KNVB Academy with The Prince Claus Fund in Nairobi. Courses: Video editing software's (MS Video Maker, Pinnacle, Myflix, Intervideo, Muvee), video editing, clip making, rendering (encoding)
2004 - 2005 Certificate on Electronic Publishing Foundation
· organized by Academy of Printing Technologies, Nairobi. Courses: Print industry, Word processing, Web design, Quarkxpress, Illustrator, Corel
January 2004 Workshop certificate
· organized by Fredtun Folkehøyskole and MYSA in Nairobi. Courses: Current situation in Kenya. (lecture by Joe Kadhi, former editor of The Daily Nation), The role of the youth's organization in society, Team spirit & cooperation, Exchange of cultural program
November 2001 Certificate in MYSA sports & leadership course
· organized by KNVB Academy in Nairobi. Courses: Leadership, Coaching Football
1997 Certificate in photography training
· training by professional photographer Lana Wong in the SHOOTBACK Program. Courses: Camera operation (SLR, compact and digital camera), Loading and unloading films, Composition, Focusing, Lightings, Landscape and portraits, Panorama, Action pictures, Exposures, Darkroom Operations
· Driving license
· Playing/watching football
P.O.Box 00622 - 69038
Tel.: +254 722 959 630