1610 Copper Creek Drive
Owensboro, Ky. 42303
Cell: (270) 314-6783
Home: (270) 683-1180
Marketing, advertising, sales, public relations and management professional with winning track record, MBA, and proven creative skills. Accomplished negotiator, trainer, leader and team builder; generate innovative on-target marketing solutions. A broad base of experience, at home in both boardroom and backroom.
Job Title Company; Location Dates Employed
Business Development Consultant Owensboro, Ky. 11/2008 – Present
Business development consultant to small business
• Developed marketing plans and promoted media coverage of newsworthy events.
• Lobbied legislators and officials received over $1.3 million in state and county RFP’s.
• Developed broader customer base through targeted email, direct mail and cold calls.
• Extended reach initiating website updates and search optimization.
• Negotiated cooperative agreements with complementing businesses.
Owner/President K-Dan, Incorporated; Owensboro, Ky. 8/2006 – 11/2008
Managed three PPG automotive paint and refinish operations in Kentucky and Indiana, providing products and services to customers in Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Illinois.
• Grew sales 4.2 percent; reorganized sales department, increased training, and pursued new customer channels.
• Improved profitability; adjusted margin parameters, eliminated unjustifiable discounting, reduced employment, controlled inventories, and eliminated slow-moving and unprofitable lines.
• Maintained 80 percent share of market; pricing competitively, keeping service levels high, and maintaining a stable, knowledgeable workforce.
Vice President, Sales Quality Beers Distributing Company; Owensboro, Ky. 8/1981 – 8/2006
Marketing, sales, service, public relations, human resources, and training for a wholesaler of beer, wine, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages.
• Grew share of market from a 21 share to a 76 share by implementing a total market plan, developing well-trained and highly-motivated employees, concentrating on store-level execution, maintaining competitive pricing, increasing promotional activity, establishing strong community involvement and event sponsorship, and executing innovative advertising, marketing and promotion plans.
• Management and sales team received Anheuser-Busch Awards for Excellence in management, sales, marketing, and community relations through a national wholesaler development program which measured performance against national benchmarks.
• Graphics and printing department featured in national broadcast on Busch Satellite network for creativity in promotional executions, innovation in department design and information management.
• Established “The Kentucky Distribution Network”, to offer wine and spirits companies statewide distribution and gain new product lines for the seven member wholesalers.
Director of Marketing and ORBCO, Incorporated; Owensboro, Ky. 9/1977 – 8/1980
Public and Internal Relations
Marketing, public relations, and human resources for ORBCO and its seven subsidiary companies.
• Expanded marketing from local to regional and national; developed plans and strategies to introduce products and services to new geographies.
• Created new corporate brand; marketed brand internally and externally to link the separate entities as part of a new larger corporate family.
• Wrote employee handbook, recruited all white collar positions and initiated personality testing of candidates to ensure suitability and performance.
Advertising Director Central Bank and Trust Company; Owensboro, Ky. 1/1973 – 8/1977
Advertising and public relations.
• Increased Bank deposits from $18 million to over $100 million; developed advertising plans that met corporate marketing objectives.
• Encouraged new depositors and strengthened current relationships; created a stronger visual image (Brand) and promoted innovative new banking products and services.
Degree Program Institution; Location Date Received
Master Business Administration Murray State University; Murray, Ky. 1982
Bachelor of Sciences, Art Murray State University; Murray, Ky. 1973
Course Institution; Location Date
Hypnotherapy Steppingstones Hypnosis, Owensboro, KY April 2011
Financial Analysis May International, Chicago, IL July 2009
PPG Jobber Management Courses Pittsburgh Paints; Various U.S. locations 2006 – 2008
Beer Marketing and Anheuser-Busch, Inc; Satellite and various U.S. locations 1983 – 2006
Management Development Curriculum
Brewmaster Certificate Anheuser- Busch, Inc; Cartersville, Ga. 1996
Space Management Certification Anheuser-Busch, Inc; St. Louis, Mo. 1990
Successor Manager Certification Anheuser-Busch, Inc; St Louis, Mo. 1986
TIPS Master Trainer Certification Health Communications, Inc; Arlington, Va. 1984 – 2006
Selling Skills Anheuser-Busch, Inc; Saint Louis, Mo. 1982
How to Win Friends and Influence People Dale Carnegie Program; Owensboro, Ky. 1977
Graduate School of Bank Marketing American Institute of Banking; U of C Boulder, Colo. 1975
Banking and Finance American Institute of Banking; Owensboro, Ky. 1973 – 1974
Dates Affiliated Organization Positions Held
04/2011- Present National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapists Certified Hypnotherapist
01/2009 –01/2010 Bluegrass Health Information Management Systems Society Associate Member
11/2006 – 11/2008 Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce Member
10/2006 – 11/2008 PPG East Three Forum Member
6/2002 – 8/2006 Kentucky Malt Beverage Council Treasurer, 2004 – 2006
7/1982 – Present Leadership Owensboro Alumni Association President, 1994 – 1997
9/2000 – 8/2006 Kentucky Malt Beverage Education Association Secretary, 2002 – 2006
10/2003 – 8/2006 Community Solutions for Substance Abuse Board Member
3/2002 – 1/2006 Lourdes Catholic Church Parish Council Deanery Representative, 2003 – 2006
1/2000 – 1/2006 Owensboro Area Museum Board of Directors Special Projects Chair 2002
7/1995 – 6/2005 Kentucky Businesses and Industry Recycling Program Board Member
4/1992 – 4/1993 Kentucky Lifesavers Conference Speaker and Honoree
7/1988 – 6/2006 Owensboro Rotary Breakfast Club Charter President, 1988 –1989
3/1987 – 3/1992 Anheuser-Busch Social Responsibility Roundtable Charter Member
5/1976 – 12/1985 Owensboro Jaycees Chairman of the Year 1984
2/1972 – 8/1978 Owensboro Hydrofair Board of Directors Chairman, Media and Public Informat