Christopher Glenn Epperly
800 Halcyon Ave. Nashville, TN 37204 – Cell (704) 401-8036 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnership and Business Development - Client Relationship Management – Brand Activation – Marketing - On-Site Field Management
Director of Strategic Partnerships Country Music Association
• Develop sponsorship and marketing partnerships that help meet the core CMA corporate development imperatives: promote Country Music to corporate America, create strategic promotional partnerships with companies, and generate sponsorship revenue for CMA assets.
• Proactively generate corporate leads and prospecting to marketing and brand executives attracting companies to CMA assets. (Songwriter Series, CMA Music Festival, CMA Awards, and CMA Country Christmas)
• Spearheading sales and marketing idea generation and brainstorming efforts for new and existing client presentation and pitches.
• Responsible for producing all corporate marketing and strategic partnership support materials (newsletters, presentations, video assets, digital assets)
• Serve as the liaison with CMA Marketing, Research, and Corporate Communications Departments to collaborate and build out promotional programs with corporate partners.
o Marketing efforts: Work to build out promotional programs utilizing existing and potential clients to drive tune-in and ticket sales.
o Research efforts: Gather research and information (using MRI) to include in sales presentation and corporate outreach.
o Corporate Communications efforts: Insure all press related to our corporate partners is managed and delivered as contracted.
2010 – 2011 Mirrus, Inc.
VP, Brand Activation Manager
• Directly responsible for presenting and marketing company products and services to current and potential clients while operating in the field of marketing, branding and multimedia advertising with focus in sports entertainment and consumer products business sectors.
• Prepare marketing plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to manage leads.
• In-field installation and identification to ensure branding needs have been met.
• Manage account services as well as prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up and adherence to goals set.
• Responsible for creating budget standards, ROI, and implementing.
• Coordinate all media and marketing efforts as it relates to Mirrus.
• Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
2004 – 2010 JHE Production Group, Inc.
Sr. Manager – Business Development
• Responsible for the identification, evaluation, development and execution of new opportunities and platforms for sponsorship and partnership revenues.
• Facilitate partner-to-partner and B2B relationships, generating new business opportunities.
• Responsible for all contract negotiations and sponsorship packages for motorsports events:
o Food Lion Speed Street & NASCAR Pit Crew Challenge
• Directly responsible for annual revenue and increased partner investments by 10% annually.
• Create, develop and implement new concepts packages and platforms for all sponsorship opportunities.
• Assist media planning in designing advertising ads, placement and assembly
• Oversee all artist management and contract negotiations.
• Develop, cultivate and build strong relationships with existing client base and potential new clients.
• Account Management and ensuring clients return on investment.
• Develop B2C and B2B marketing programs designed to increase partner value, activation, and PR for new business and renewals.
2005 – 2006 JHE Production Group, Inc.
Sr. Account Manager – Client Services, Experiential Marketing - Sprint
• Responsible for the day to day client services and management of all operational and logistical elements Sprints Mobile Marketing Racing Tour.(38 week experiential mobile marketing tour)
• Developed a two-year, 76 week operating budget. Met all budgetary requirements and fulfillments set forth by the contractual partnerships. ($8M+ annually)
• Developed all off-season plans, budget, and refurb work with nearly a dozen external vendors and agencies to implement successful marketing campaign for following year.
• Developed and sold conceptual marketing programs to build brand awareness, B2C programs designed to increase market value as the corporate partner for NASCAR.
• Managed full-time account support staff of 15 bodies and interfaced with all NASCAR race tracks.
2004-2005 JHE Production Group, Inc.
Account Manager –Client Services, Experiential Marketing - Chevrolet & Speed TV
• Directly responsible for all aspects for Speed Channel’s experiential mobile marketing tour including logistics, client management, budgeting, and overall consumer experience.
• Oversaw Chevrolet’s at –track relationship with NASCAR, ALMS, and IRL for their lead generation and fan interactive mobile units.
• Responsible for developing new opportunities for Chevrolet and Speed to leverage their NASCAR Racing division.
• Develop Chevrolet’s annual Lead Generation and Data Collection program, produced Chevy’s Vehicle Services Parade Lap and managed their national cross-promotions program, Chevy Day.
• Report all program recaps and results on a weekly basis to corporate partners.
2003-2005 Octagon Marketing
Sprint/NEXTEL Account Executive
• Assisted in production and activation for the inaugural NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series.
• Assisted in at-track Hospitality and Mobile Marketing activation.
• Worked closely with NEXTEL as the corporate sponsor for NASCAR to ensure their goals were met.
• Established pre and post event reports for all thirty-eight (38) cup events.
• Implemented event marketing strategies and data capture
• Educated consumers and assisted in-market programs.
• Assisted Customer Hosting Team on pre-planning, post-planning and activation.
2000 – 2003 AT&T Communications
Outdoor Sales Manager
• Sold and marketed wireless communications to major North Carolina area corporations.
• Generated retail marketing plans to help increase store revenue.
• Set-up weekly sales meetings, cold called and developed corporate relationships
• Assisted in driving traffic back to area stores to promote sales.
• Increased ARPU by nearly 12% in local area
EDUCATION Emory & Henry College, Emory Va. 2000
Degree: BS in Mass Communications
Concentration: Corporate Communication
• National Sports Marketing Network: 2005- Present
• Charlotte Business Professionals: 2009- Present
David Sutphin- Sr. Sports Marketing Manager, Lowe’s
Jarian Kerekes – Marketing Development, Michael Waltrip Racing
Josh Wells- President, Vertex Marketing Consultants