KALA R. JAIN
2004 Stratford ct, Coralville, IA: 52241
email@example.com. (319) 351-4998
Seeking for a challenging fulltime position in Designing and Developing which demands lot of motivation and creativity (Architectural, Interior Design).
Interior Designing January, 2007– May, 2009
Kirkwood Community College Cedar Rapids, IA 3.75/4.0
Bachelor of Architecture August, 1993 – July, 1998
B. L. D. E. Associations College of Engineering & Technology, Bijapur, INDIA 3.50/4.0
Neumann Manson Iowa City, Iowa
Worked primarily on CAD Drafting April 2006 – July 2006
Opn Architects Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Worked as Intern Interior designer October 2008-January 2009
Kirkwood Community College Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Worked as CAD Tutor January 2009-May 2009
D. B. Joshi Associates Bijapur, India
Junior Architect July, 1998 – Jan, 1999
• Developed residential plans through the use of computer software.
• Designed some of the major hospitals infrastructure and was an important member of the designing team involved in interior designs.
• Designed shopping complex that involved sales of wide varities of consumer goods.
• Communicating with the clients and explaining them various designs.
• Developing prototype models to explain the clients in a better way.
• Making models of buildings
Shah Architectural Associates Sholapur, India
Support Architect (GRADUATE INTERNSHIP) Jan, 1997 – July, 1998
• Visiting sites.
• Designing and developing plans involving both interior and exterior design.
• Studying the topographical and climatic conditions of the site.
• Architectural Computer Graphics, • Basic Designing,
• Architectural Graphics (Perspective Views), • Estimation & Costing,
• Architectural Working Drawing, • Specification,
• Architectural Building Construction, • Valuation,
• Landscape, • Climatology,
• Color Theory, • Principles of selling,
• Historical interiors, • Textiles,
• Human relations, • Design fundamentals,
• Contract design. • Interior design,
• Kitchen design,
Thesis (B.Arch.): “Designing an SOS (“Save-Our-Soul”) Children’s Village”.
• Visited major cities in India (Bangalore, Pune and Lathur) to develop a Case Study.
• Prepared circulation diagrams of the SOS Children’s Village from the extensive case study.
• Designed the final outlook of the village, developed various drawings and prepared the prototype of the village.
• Additional work involved developing a computer-based model using AutoCAD.
Undergraduate Projects in B.Arch
• Designed a School of Architecture.
• Designed a Honeymoon Cottage.
• Designed a Shopping Complex.
• Designed a Primary School.
• Designed a Beach Resort.
• Designed an Artist’s Bungalow.
• Designed an Eye Hospital.
• Designed an Apartment.
• Designed a Theatre.
All the undergraduate projects involved tasks like
• Performing case studies by visiting cities / respective places and also reading a lot of journals, other relative case studies and magazines. Additional work involved talking to people and also taking into account various opinions about the respective overview.
• Preparing circulation diagrams.
• Developing various drawings, preparing models
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES:
• Member of IIA.
• Ranked 3rd throughout the Undergraduate Course work.
• Awarded 2nd for the Undergraduate Thesis Work.
• Awarded 1st for designing and developing an excellent model for the Beach-Resort.
• As a Placement Secretary, was involved in meeting the Personnel and other high officials of various industries, inviting them to the Institution & conduction seminars.
• Presented a Paper entitled “History of Architecture (Modern Architecture)”.
Available upon request