Bonita L. Graham
3233 Windchase Boulevard ?Apartment 603
Houston, Texas 77082
919-935-1224 ? firstname.lastname@example.org
Seven years as a Human Resources Officer in the United States Army. Expertise in Maintenance Management, Plans and Operations Management, Safety, Postal Operations, Project Management and Customer Service. Dedicated, hardworking and motivated person who can effectively and efficiently communicate well, both written and orally, through all levels of an organization. Can effectively work as a team member or as an individual when needed. Recognized by superiors as being one of the top preforming Officers within the unit for Leadership.
United States Army Reserves August 2013-Present
Human Resources Manager
• Ensures 800 personnel records are up to date with accurate emergency contact information and life insurance data.
• Manages a team of 6 personnel.
• Provides Customer Service for over 800 Soldiers for personnel actions such as pay inquires, leave balances, and evaluation support to ensure their information is correct and accurate.
United States Army
Plans and Operations Manager, Kandahar, Afghanistan October 2012-July 2013
• Managed a Department of Defense Postal Contract valued at $7 million dollars.
• Supervised 58 Contractors at 10 locations in Western and Southern Afghanistan.
• Coordinated with Transportation and Aviation Companies for timely mail movement.
• Conducted 20 Army Post Office Inspections to ensure these locations were in compliance with Federal Postal Guidelines and Regulations.
Safety Manager, Fort Hood, Texas May 2011-October 2012
• Maintained and tracked Safety data for 1,400 Soldiers in 14 different units to make sure all personnel completed quarterly and annually designated safety training.
• Developed and implemented a safety program for subordinate units to follow.
• Planned 8 Safety Awareness Day Events focused on ******* Prevention, ****** Assault and Driving Under the Influence.
• Established a database to track and identify high risk personnel to show a trend in issues and also to develop training to help combat the issues.
Maintenance Manager, Fort Hood, Texas February 2012-October 2012
• Oversaw unit level maintenance for 1,700 pieces of rolling stock, prime movers, and pacing items valued at $21 million.
• Spearheaded a Consolidated Motor Pool move into a new facility in two weeks without any environmental and safety issues.
• Supervised a Maintenance Staff of 91 personnel.
• Adopted new procedures which improved the overall Maintenance Program to have an operational readiness of 95%.
• Identified problems with Man Hour Accounting and increased the accuracy by 65% in a two month time frame.
Assistant Human Resources Manager, Talil, Iraq May 2011-February 2012
• Assisted 9,000 Military Personnel, Civilians and Contractors that needed Human Resource Services.
• Processed 2,000 plus awards for entire unit and down trace elements to recognize persons for overseas duty.
• Managed 1 team lead and 5 subordinate employees.
• Maintained and updated over 2,000 personnel records to ensure emergency data and life insurance information was accurate and up-to-date.
• Orchestrated 3 End of Tour Awards Ceremonies to ensure selected personnel received their awards in accordance with published military regulations.
Postal Supervisor, Talili, Iraq May 2010 –May 2011
• Coordinated and synchronized Postal Operations within Iraq to match the up-tempo of personnel movements.
• Communicated technical guidance to all elements in Iraq dealing with deficiencies and mail handling procedures to avoid mail movement interruptions such as mislabeled mail and return to sender.
• Monitored and analyzed current and historical postal trends and mail movements for future operations.
Human Resources Supervisor, Fort Bragg, North Carolina May 2009-May 2010
• Provided Human Resources support for more than 200 personnel within the unit.
• Resolved customer issues pertaining to Human Resource needs.
• Processed pay inquires for Soldiers to ensure all pay issues were resolved.
• Developed a matrix to identify personnel strength and shortages by Military Occupation and Skill Level.
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, May 2009
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Pembroke, North Carolina
SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
III Corps Safety Training, 2012
Adjutant General Basic Officer Leadership Course, 2010
Postal Supervisor Course, 2010
Reserve Officer Training Corps, 2009
Society of Human Resources Management
Alumni of University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Disabled Veterans Association
Reserve Officers Association
Military Officers Association of America