I am an experienced and effective designer with roots in Switzerland, the UK and USA; educated in Zurich, I also speak Swiss German and German, I have worked in the UK since the 70’s with close family ties to AL and TX. My family has lived in the US since 1982 and I joined them in May 2011. I have worked honing and conceiving trade show stands, point of sale product, retail outlets, corporate identities and general graphics; I have gained some 25 years’ expertise from designing for a number of profile products and initiatives.
- Creative Design Excellence
- Broad graphic design skills: from print, retail and exhibitions
- Wide ranging experience in manufacturing
- Print / Point of Sale commissioning expertise
- Web-based design
- Strong project management ability
- Diverse knowledge of exhibition design / store fit out / interior design requirements
- Product & packaging design
- Product launch / event management
- Proven in controlling substantial budgets
Chris Hartmann Design 1990 – Present
I have offered my services in graphics, exhibition and retail design field to international and
corporate clients. Having worked on exhibitions, museums and retail design for a diverse range of clients, manufacturers, retail parks and service providers.
- Developing design strategies for clients
- Crafting design to effective communications
- Managing in-house creative teams
- Monitoring of quality, style and accuracy
- Exhibition / Retail design build – from fashion, techno to pharmaceuticals
- Manufacturing - and problem solving
Blue Chip Design Agencies - Creative Director 1980 – 1990
Working with some of the UK’s premier graphic design agencies has afforded me an in-depth understanding of many diverse commercial sectors. Whether the product is beer, automotive, menswear, leisure or retail, the overarching principles remain the same; a need to match design creativity to clear marketing objectives.
Prior Experience 1973 – 1980
Working for John Waddington’s Games, Polygram Records, and four advertising agencies honed my team and studio management skills and afforded me experience in shaping media advertising and graphic displays for trade shows – from which I developed an interest in retail and exhibition design and more.
Wakefield College of Fine Arts 1970 - 1973
Fine Art / Graphic Design
- Passed with Honors & Distinctions