Gail S. Weissman, mfa
323 272 5199
Through the application of multiple professional skills and talents acquired over the past 20+ years, continue professional career path and growth in the areas of art, teaching, personal therapy, business management, and public service.
Demonstrated Professional, Artistic & Interpersonal Strengths
1) Miss Weissman is an mfa certified professional artist with 20+ year’s experience in the creation, development and commercial sales of hundreds of pieces of high quality original artwork. Her original masterpieces have been shown at numerous northern California Universities, galleries, restaurants, and events . Her artwork is on semi permanent display within San Francisco’s City hall and other collections in New York, Scotland, Arizona, New Mexico and Oregon.
2) Her strengths also include the adaptation, implementation and publication of personal artwork into several books and literary projects, including recent publications within several children’s books.
3) In addition, Miss Weissman is a teacher and mentor, experienced in the personal development and education of children and adults. She is also a former restaurant and retail clothing manager . Experienced in the leadership and nurturing of associated staff personnel, and the coordination of daily activities. As well as a property manager for 39 units in the town of Fairfax Ca.
• John F. Kennedy University Masters in Fine Arts Berkeley Ca. 2009
• Psychic Horizon, San Francisco Ca. 2003
• Center for Attitudinal Healing, Sausalito Ca. 1998
• San Francisco Art Institute BFA San Francisco Ca. 1991
• Art Student League NYC, NY. 1986
• Rhode Island School of Design Summer program 1985
• School of Visual Arts foundation NYC, NY. 1984-1986
• Professional Artist, 1990 – Current
Accomplishments: Artwork placed on public display at San Francisco City Hall, Mural work in the Northgate Mall in Terra Linda CA & Chapel by the Sea in Pacifica and private homes. In addition, artwork displayed in the soon to be released feature film “Holiday Heist” and participated with filmed interviews by the Phenomenology Institute, San Francisco CA. Filmore poster for Thomas Dolby San Francisco Ca hanging in the Filmore and a.Youtube interview. Half light at Dusk and Dawn
? Professional artist versed in the development and commercial sale of personal artwork. Displayed and present artwork at numerous exhibits and galleries (please see Attachment for additional details)
? Prominent collectors include David Grisman, musician; Robert Johnson, past curator for the Achenbach foundation, Ron Collins of the Marin Arts Council and Dominic Dobson Indianapolis speedway racer, Add’l collectors list available upon inuiry.
? Antique & fine art restoration & sales at John Wilmer Studio, Sausalito, 2005- 2007
? Background artist and clean up with Animation House 6ft2, Robin & Suzanne Atherley, Larkspur, 2003-2005
? Principal colorist & designer with Back to the Drawing Board, a design house that creates creative free standing art & advertising signs, 1996-1998
? Collosal Pictures, internship, colored cells, 1989
• Adolescent / Adult Teaching/Mentor 2007- Current
• Paint Lab, Art Instruction Summer and after School programs
• Paint Lab All Media, All Ages Instruction
? Para-professional Wade Thomas School (w/letter recommendation)
? Co-Creator of Art workshops at Lincoln Child Center in Oakland
? Independent Art instruction/Counseling/Meditation coach with letters of recomendation
? JfK University teaching assistant Arts and Consciousness program 2007
? SFAI teaching assistant to Thomas Ackawi 1989 - 1991