L.A.B Rescue and Adoption Network, Danbury, CT and Houston, TX
Customer Service and Project Coordinator– 3/10 – 2/11 (non-profit/all-volunteer)
• Accountable for start-up of New England branch of animal rescue group, assisting TX-based management staff with building team to twenty-five members;
• Coordinated all ground and air transport for over 800+ pets from TX to Northeast ensuring all medical requirements were met with each state’s Department of Agriculture and Transportation;
• Managed media coverage including TV appearances, newspaper interviews and radio podcasts;
• Utilized exemplary writing skills to write biography information on new dogs posted to website, as well as assisted photographer and groomer in presenting shelter animals for adoption. This resulted in all animals pulled for potential euthanasia in finding homes.
• Successfully trained all volunteers on interview techniques of potential adopters, assisting with monthly adoption events and ongoing training with guest speakers including veterinarians, groomers, health inspectors and animal control officers.
Crown Relocations – Global Mobility Services, Brookfield, CT, a division of Crown Worldwide
Customer Service Coordinator/In-Bound Call Center Rep 5/06 – 7/10
• Serve as the assignment point-of-contact for the assignee, management and the home/host mobility coordinators;
• Discuss client policy with transferee/assignee for pre-departure process, reviewing allowances, housing, and temporary living for international/domestic transferees;
• Assist Accounting Team with assignee relocation-related expenses and all vendor payments ensuring policy is followed;
• Communicate/coordinate with external vendors (includes corporate housing/hospitality, household goods, language, cultural training, property managers and destination services) the needs of customer;
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate files that document the assignment to be used for HR/Financial and compliance purposes;
• Assist account managers with reporting and special projects, including implementation of two major group moves, traveling to client site for presentations at client request.
Cendant Mobility/CARTUS, Danbury, CT Industry leader in global mobility and workforce development support to worldwide organizations
Client Service Coordinator – 1997 – 2006
• Act as an advocate and single point of contact for transferring employees from introduction to final reimbursement, forging relationships with administrative support team and working closely with both internal and third party customers to ensure timely and accurate service delivery to transferees;
• Responsible for furthering positive client relations through a continuing process of problem solving and administering policy changes;
• Guest speaker at New Hire Training “Positioning the Service Evaluation”, member of “Project Excellence” and “Project Email”; contributor to Cartus company newspaper. Nine-year100% service recipient.
Apollo Group/Albertus Magnus College New Dimensions, Stamford and New Haven, CT
Customer Service Representative 1994 -1997
• Hired to implement start-up of Stamford campus including working with landlord on finalizing lease, establishing vendor relationships for all office supplies (furniture rentals, etc.), recruiting new business partners in the Lower Fairfield County area to partner with program in supporting employer-funded benefit for employees and to ensure office was maintained in a professional manner under minimal supervision.
• Established and maintained active communication with prospective students, counseled student applicants concerning program offerings, admission, financial aid options and career planning.
• Conducted off-site and on-campus recruitment of students through individual and group information and interview sessions, campus visits and tours, open houses, etc.
• Assisted with special programs and research projects as well as in the development and implementation of enrollment strategies, composed routine letters, compiled data for reports, maintained calendars for director as well as all ongoing and future classes held at facility, processed applications, scheduled appointments, maintained confidential files, heavy outbound/inbound calls
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Minor, Spanish - Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT 2001. Additional courses included marketing, communications, “Train the Trainer,” New Hire Training mentor
- Superior writing and proofreading skills Dale Carnegie and Communico Customer Service module courses
- Certified Grant Writer