LAURA K. ROBERTS
Talented, integrated client service leader who develops and executes marketing, digital, and communications campaigns from ideation to delivery. Rich agency experience building/maintaining mid to senior level client relationships across a variety of brand assignments.
Self-starting, motivated thinker with strong collaborative skills who takes that deep dive to learn and live the business and industry. Creative and results driven with a deep acumen to lead and mentor teams involving marketing, technology, creative, social, and communications. Strong management and mentoring skills leveraged to motivate and align teams in a matrixed environment.
• Digital marketing and social media background leveraging all relevant and appropriate platforms.
• Experience and knowledge of multi-channel platforms Re-branding and maintaining brands with strategic, impactful programming.
• Oversaw the branding process for top products and companies.
• Grew a communications agency over the course of 12 years. During the life of the firm, branded and launched products that became leaders in their category – Pucker Apple Schnapps, The Neptune Washer & Dryer (Maytag) among others.
• A strong leader who guides a group or organization to success.
• Highly collaborative and require it of others.
• Charismatic motivator that extracts top-level performance from the team.
• Strong industry reputation as a leader, mentor and manager.
Building/Managing High Performance Teams
• Hired and managed a team of five professionals and 10 PR agencies at a national law firm.
• Directed the PR departments at two ad agencies managing teams of eight and 10 people respectively an ad and PR agency.
• Fortune 500 companies across multiple categories (consumer/corporate).
• Creative writer and thinker.
• Built successful marketing communications agencies.
• Adept at integrating all facets of marketing.
Pathfinders Marketing Group South Bend, IN December 2013 - Present
Account Director (Contract)
Boutique firm that specializes in consumer durable goods, financial services and health care
Directed and managed high profile accounts. Lead an account team and creatives. Built successful client relationships resulting in new business. Aligned account service closely with digital and creative teams to enable the delivery of fully integrated, traditional and non-traditional marketing solutions.
• Whirlpool (Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Commercial Laundry, Menards)
• Consumer Experience Design
• Brand Architecture
• Schwan’s Home Delivery – Brand Positioning
• Saylent Technologies (Copy Platform, Prezi, Microsite)
Restaurant.com Arlington Heights, IL November 2012 – October 2013
Vice President Marketing & Communications
Online source connecting restaurant deals and diners nationwide.
Oversaw marketing, communications, social media, and creative, leading a staff of 15 professionals and two outside agencies. Collaborated with technology, acquisition, affiliate and retention teams to develop and execute the overall marketing communication vision and strategy for the company.
Completed and rolled out new brand positioning and guidelines. Advised on media relations strategies both traditional and digital, monitored media issues and developments, and developed connections to raise company visibility.
WilliamPaid LLC Northbrook, IL December 2011 – August 2012
Vice President Integrated Marketing & Corporate Communications
Online company and its selected partners offer tenants and landlords the most flexible and value added rent payment system.
Focus centered on developing marketing communications strategies leveraging all media channels. Retained and supervised two supporting agencies (SEO, social media) and performed as spokesperson for the company.
LRC Connect, Inc. Chicago, IL June 2010 - December 2011
Social media strategy/implementation as a key offering in this full service consumer and corporate marketing communications practice. Message mapping and media training clients were a key element of the practice. Continually identified and won new business.
• Latham & Watkins
• Science Olympiad
• Hammacher Schlemmer
HYConnect Chicago, IL March 2008 - June 2010
Senior Vice President
Established the communications practice including all communications systems and processes. Aligned the practice closely with interactive and advertising to enable the delivery of fully integrated, traditional and non-traditional marketing communications solutions.
• Arlington Park Racetrack
• Schlitz Beer
• Bolthouse Farms
LRC Marketing Communications, Inc. Chicago, IL June 2005 - March 2008
Founded a highly successful consumer communications agency. Lead/mentored a team of five professionals and a team of consultants.
• GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Nicorette, Goody’s Powders)
• Shands/University of Florida Hospital
• Habitat for Humanity
The Dalton Agency Jacksonville, FL August 2004 - June 2005
Grew the communications practice from a national perspective as well as managed a staff of 10. Successful in winning four clients in the first year.
• McDonald’s (North Florida Co-op)
• Jacksonville Jaguars
• Aksys, Ltd.
Foley & Lardner Chicago, IL September 2001 - July 2004
Director of Public Relations
Established the communications function at this national law firm. Integrated the firm’s marketing team to offer 360 solutions to the firm’s practice groups. Retained and managed more than 10 PR firms. Received PRWEEK’s 2004 PR Campaign of the Year.
Knoll Communications, Ltd. Chicago, IL 1988 – 2001
Organically grew this full service firm to eight professionals and $2MM in billings.
• Jim Beam Brands Co.
• Hammacher Schlemmer
• McDonald’s Corporation
• Home Depot
Skidmore College -- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature
• University of Chicago Cancer Research Foundation Board Member