41800 Biggs Road
LaGrange, OH 44050
Company: Penton Media
19 Years: January, 1987–March, 2006
• Art Director for numerous publications, including; American Machinist, Machine Design,
Welding Design & Fabrication, Gases & Welding Distributor, ShopOwner, Cutting Tool
Digest, & many others.
• I have been a creative business-focused professional with a 25-year career path as an
in-demand graphic artist. At Penton, my art direction included responsibilities for
layout & design, formatting templates, coordinating work with editors, publishers,
marketing managers, sales representatives, custom media professionals, and production
Company: WTWH Media, LLC
4 Years: August, 2006–March, 2010
• Art Director & Production Manager for Design World magazine, Digital Manufacturing
Review, Project Mechatronics, Design Tips, Motion Control Tips, & Sensor Tips.
• I was part of a successful start-up magazine and company, creating a National Award-
Winning magazine through the graphic artists’ and editorial community (ASBPE & APEX).
• As an Art Director in a very competitive market, I was able to create attractive layouts using
photos, illustrations, and text that both the readers and advertisers spoke highly of. My
sense of color, composition, and design have proven to be of the upmost quality in the
• As the Production Manager as well, I have experience working and coordinating projects
with high-volume printers. I was in charge of organizing all advertisers’ print materials and
have great communication with the all of the clients needs and wants. I organized and
placed all ads in the magazine and created the pagination layout for each and every issue. I
have knowledge and experience working in Microsoft Excell creating spreadsheets for all
incoming advertisers and being sent out weekly reports of the income to the publishers.
• My experience in production has allowed me to become very familiar with other software
programs, including Acrobat Distiller and Acrobat Professional for creating print-ready pdfs
using printers customized print specifications.
• Promotional Material is also in my repitoire. I have the graphic capability to create just about
anything, including media guides, calendars, signs, flyers, newsletters, invitations, die-cut
materials, and much more.
InDesign & Quark XPress:
• I am currently working in CS5.
• Extremely knowledgeable of the all the latest tools and gadgets in Quark to create
attractive, professional, competitive layouts for all print related material.
• I am capable of converting all print editorial and graphics to web related material.
• I am also knowledgeable on creating high resolution print-quality pdfs for printing.
• I have the knowledge and the abilities to use PhotoShop for all graphic-related images.
• I can also create illustrations, both technical and whimsical.
• I have some experience with this software, but prefer to create my images and illustrations in PhotoShop.
• I have a complete knowledge of this program.
• I am capable of creating spreadsheets for reports, listings, and all other organizational needs.
• I have complete knowledge and experience working with this program to create print-ready pdfs for printers.
• I also have experience working in this program to create pdfs for viewing and editing purposes.
• Superior organizational skills
• Hard-working, focused employee
• Meets deadlines consistently
• Willing to learn
• Friendly, curteous, and professional
• Exceeds in expectations
• 2008 National Award winner (ASBPE)
• 2008 Graphics Award winner (APEX)
• 2009 Graphics Award winner (ASBPE)
• 2009 Graphics Award winner (APEX)
• 2010 Selected to be a judge in Regional ASBPE graphics category (April 2010)
• 2011 Selected to be a judge in Regional ASBPE graphics category (April 2011)
College: Cuyahoga Community College; 1983-1987
Associates Degree; Applied Business in Commercial Art
Graduated with Honors & Best Commercial Artist