Dynamic Writer with extensive research and development experience advancing product innovations from conception through commercialization. Rapid career progression through quality assurance, product development, and R&D management with increasing levels of scope and responsibility. Emphasizes cross-functional collaboration with suppliers and customers. Tackles complex and challenging tasks with efficiency. Actively supports high-performance team environments, effective allocation of resources, and fiscal goal achievement.
- Product Testing and Launch
- Process Evaluation
- Design of Experiment Methodology
- Team Leadership
- Lab Management
- Procedural and Process Documentation
DURACELL, INC., Bethel, CT 1991 - 2013
PRINCIPAL RESEARCHER 2004 - 2013
Managed daily operations in alkaline experimental cell build group. Created training materials and documentation for incoming equipment, saving outside vendor costs. Performed acceptability tests on incoming equipment. Assisted in manufacture of experimental cell designs; average 120K - 150K cells per year. Participated in weekly peer reviews for upcoming experimental work.
- Produced online training programs for equipment used to create alkaline batteries for 7 plants, leading to consistently produced product worldwide.
- Led weekly meeting to proactively allocate resources for upcoming programs and projects.
- Developed process monograph that detailed equipment, raw materials, settings, and quality assurance tests for worldwide use in successful creation of reduced particle-size spun zinc.
- Executed significant process, quality, and turnaround time improvements by establishing and revising quality assurance procedures (QAP), cataloging all tooling for reference in work orders, developing preventative maintenance schedules, and monitoring operator training.
- Integrated checkweigher system that ensured 100% inspection of experimental and control groups built for several R&D groups, increasing feedback and reducing material and manpower costs.
- Investigated and recommended Radio Frequency Identification vendors for implementing system of tracking fixed asset movement within company R&D site and surplus storage site, reducing manpower costs.
- Monitored Preventative Maintenance system to satisfy current ISO9001 standards.
TECHNOLOGIST 1991 - 2004
Facilitated R&D location change involving design / build / calibration of new test system and hands-on delivery of several unique alkaline battery programs.
- Created and deployed documentation for unique alkaline battery program that promoted consistent operations.
- Issued and tracked ISO9001 training and Preventative Maintenance documentation that ensured corporate compliance.
- Identified and mitigated root cause of performance issues with nylon closures, involving force required to decrimp closures, by developing early stage prototype that lowered internal pressure to acceptable levels.
- Created all documentation for several unique battery programs (procedural, quality assurance, testing parameters) that promoted operational consistency.
- Investigated and recommended different approaches for unique alkaline battery construction through prototype creation that ensured most economical approach was investigated.
- Selected optimal materials for unique rechargeable battery via data acquisition, ran cell test system and created result reports for entire rechargeable group that increased inception through commercialization speed.
- Co-created Duracell Job Safety Analysis database as part of global JSA team that significantly reduced plant accident incidents.
R&W PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, Wilmington, MA 1986 - 1991
SUPERVISOR 1986 - 1991
Managed 12 groundkeepers for Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) contract, overseeing 20+ acre park and 12 subway stops running from Jamaica Plain to Franklin.
- Ensured weekly contract obligations were met, contributing to achievement of financial goals.
- Interacted with MBTA contact to schedule and implement obligations beyond scope of original contract.
- Aligned with minority employment association, partnering with community members accounting for 50% of groundskeeper crew.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- BS, Business Communications, Bentley College, Waltham, MA
- Technical Writing Certification, University of Lowell, Lowell, MA
COMPANY SPONSORED TRAINING
- Experimental Design for Productivity & Quality in R&D
US Patent 7,351,495 Awarded 4/1/08: Co-inventor