An entrepreneurial, highly skilled and creative illustrator and graphic designer with more than sixteen years of experience in media and communications, I am seeking a challenging position that will allow me to utilize my skills and knowledge to promote the development and advancement of a dynamic organization. I am looking to get involved in preproduction art in game development but would love to work in any creative field that will inspire!
September 1997 – Present (16 years 7 months)
Direct and implement a broad range of design projects from conception to launch. Deftly translate business requirements into effective communication pieces. Collaborate and lead skillfully to build consensus and ensure projects meet all milestones, deadlines, and budget requirement. Readily adapt to new technology and innovative processes while ensuring compliance with client and industry standards.
* Full Life Cycle Project Management
* Dynamic Graphic Design and Illustration
* Newsletters/ Brochures/ Flyers
* Press Releases and Media Kits
* Pre and Post Print Production
* Cost Control/Budget Administration
* Contract Compliance
* Staff, Vendor, and Media Relations
Previous clients include: White Wolf Publishing, Otakon Corp, Katsucon, Meals-On-Wheels KS, Hotbread Multi-Media, Megabrain Inc.
Head Cashier/Nook Seller/Book Seller
Barnes & Noble
July 2009 – May 2013 (3 years 11 months)
Worked in different departments of the retail store with a focus on customer service and increasing sales. Provided information, cashiering, store and product knowledge as well as training.
* Met and exceeded membership goals set by corporate as well as special offers such as gift cards and email captures.
* Responded to customer inquiry calls and in-store questions, quickly assessing their needs and problems in order to deliver an ideal solution.
* Increased sales of e-readers in store by 20%.
* Performed troubleshooting in-store and via phone calls for the e-reader and tablet: identified problems, gave technical advice, and made service requests.
* Trained new hires in policies and practices on the book floor and at the register: mentoring them in customer service and sales procedures.
Project Manager / Graphic Designer
Jenkintown Business Graphics
February 2006 – August 2010 (4 years 7 months)
Collaborated with creative team to develop artwork meeting the demands of client marketing initiatives. Conceived original designs and concepts used in websites, brochures, books, posters, signage, and publicity campaigns. Worked closely with clients and Production Manager on design development, press proofing and contract compliance.
* Broadened and diversified client base 25%
* Created new methods and strategies to streamline project work flow
* Communicated with international clientele to arrange U.S. printing and shipping.
* Counseled clients on how to grow their brand with the changing times and trends
SRM Entertainment Ltd.
February 2004 – December 2004 (11 months)
Supported the Lead Designers with project management completion. Collaborating closely with them on product planning, toy design and packaging design/development.
* Continually multi-tasked shifting responsibilities and project priorities, deadline sensitivity for design and production of sample toys and packages.
* Generated printed media publications like catalogues, refining and editing wordage on products
* Maintained and updated inventory, reorganizing back-stock and system