Hello, my name is Ryan Muir. I am currently a 23 year old design medium artist: specializing mainly in tailored fashion for both men and women. My understanding of fashion is beyond even my own understanding- and it works great for anyone I work with. However, with the lack support I have from family, my mind being everywhere at once, and this horrible economy- and several other factors- art hasn't received my full attention. With that being said, I've gained the best experiences steeping outside of my own preferred medium and found myself surrounded by other artists learning their crafts and excelling at them. In return, my craftsmanship and mental processes for my own craft excelled. I am also a graphic artist- working well in Photoshop.i've a "natural" eye when it comes to photography and photo editing and assisting. As well as a theatrical writer: however, I would need to thank my love of Molière for that.
I do not let talent or what I can do creatively fill my head, as I truly enjoy doing, creating and experiencing art and the processes in these mediums. I do not like to think of myself as the "head" of anything, but found my skills excel great as I assist artistic direction, but I can work independently if must. Below is a sample of one of artistic resume. I look forward to whatever this website can offer.
OBJECTIVES AND ABILITIES:
Fashion & Visual Industries
Promoter of Commerce and Production
Fashion Institute of Technology of SUNY, NY, New York 2011-2013 AAS Menswear Design
Related Coursework: Menswear design Patternmaking, market research, advanced sewing practices, computer technical application, tailoring, drawing techniques, fashion history, and literature.
Kingsborough Community College of CUNY , Brooklyn, New York 2009-2011 Associates in Journalism
Related Coursework: Fashion Draping, Basic Journalism, and Feature Magazine Writing and Communications
Relative work and collaborative Experience
Floor Assistant Shoe Salon at Barney’s New York, New York, Winter 2014
?Worked closely with Management and Sales Associates on pressing budgets during holiday sale season. This also enabled a newfound, strong Sales leadership role: aiding in floor sales. Majorly responsibility fell on the upkeep of the selling floor and it’s luxury products.
Expeditor Men’s Designer at Barney’s New York, New York, Winter 2014
?Maintained the 3rd floor men’s designer selling floor.
?Visually managed, as well as assisted with the selling and upkeep for the Jay Z collaborative with Barney’s.
Production Assistant, NY, New York, Summer 2013
• Collaborating with Production Firm “HIP HOP FINE ARTS” for Summer Stage 2013
Administrative Assistant to Freelance Artist, New York, June 2010-present
• Organized the artist’s daily planning: phone calls, exhibitions, and personal bookkeep.
• Executed studio maintenance, and various program facilities
Time INC- High Art Summer Intern, New York, June 2011-August 2011
• Supervised operations of a children’s day studio and day-care ranging ages 2-12
• Supervised children on various museum field trips as well park picnics
• Advised the program’s chair on various art programs for the children
Menswear Production Assistant “Asher Levine”, NY, New York, Winter 2011
• Assisted head designer and Production Manager on samples
• Fitted and assorted trim, furs and toile
Costume Design Production, “Jack Fuller,” NY, New York, Summer 2010
• Managed and designed the fashion component to musician Jack Fuller’s Summer Album
Fashion Marketing/Public Relations Intern Farai Simoyi Designs, New York, June 2010-January 2011
• Supervised the label’s first premier fashion show- during New York’s Fall 2010 fashion week
• Organised and prepared lookbook and porfolio
• Marketed the label’s sample RTW for interested clientele as well buyers
Kingsborough Community College Fashion Show Producer, Brooklyn, New York, April 2010
• Orchestrated and managed design students first collection
Cazenovia College Fashion Major Collection, Cazenovia, New York June 2009
• Fashion Show Assistant to Senior Fashion Designers: handling makeup, colour theory, ironing and press
Freelance Journalism experiences
Fashion Editor Kingsborough College, Brooklyn, New York, 2010
• Supervised fashion and menswear related articles and features
• Advised student designers for the newly instituted major of Fashion Design
• Controlled fashion layouts, marketing, expenses and publishing
Yearbook Art Director Secondary School for Journalism, Brooklyn, New York, 2007-2008
• Assisted the program’s director on artistic content and layout presentation
Volunteer and Extracurricular Activities
Fashion Institute of Technology, “Hue” Magazine Junior Editor, 2012
Brooklyn Public Library, Art Show Collaborative for Brooklyn Youth Artists, 2008
Museum of Modern Art: Focused Photography Recipient and Debut, Fall 2007
Brooklyn Public Library: Librarian Assistant 2006-2008
High Schools for Model United Nations: Acting Representative of Burundi 2005, and Iran 2006
Student Council: Secretary and Promotions Committee 2005-2007
Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Work, and Excel. Adobe Suites: Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator and InDesign. Photography and Visual Art Mediums: Painting, Collages and Prints. Sewing: Dressmaking and Tailoring Techniques. Communications: Speech and Journalistic writing