WHAT I WILL BRING TO YOUR COMPANY
A highly organized creative thinker with strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills, I am a flexible team player who brings more than 12 years of experience as a writer, researcher and instructional designer and 5 years of experience in purchasing to the table. I hold a degree in psychology and possess well cultivated active listening skills. Additionally, I am proficient in a variety of computer programs.
• MS Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Publisher
• Photoshop; Illustrator; Captivate; Muse; Storyline
• Wordpress; Oracle; SPSS
• Expertise in the following documentation styles:
o AMA, APA, MLA, CMOS, AP
Freelance Writer and Course Designer
Freelance, Everything Writing, 2001 – present
• Own and operate Everything Writing, including managing a team of writers and designers.
• Built Everything Writing into a top 1% writing and translation business on Elance.com over a 12 month period; the company has maintained the 1% ranking as of present.
• Wrote business plan, financial prospectus, and grant materials for Food for Thought community garden initiative from 2010 – 2011.
• Wrote business plan for Nollibox in 2012.
• Wrote and review grant materials for thebirdy.com in 2012.
• Research and write CE/CME courses and testing questions for nurse practitioners and physicians for MedCreds Writing Solutions LLC from 2012 – present.
• Research and write articles on conflict resolution for GDP Consulting from 2012 – present.
• Complete mission statements for clients as needed through freelance contracts with missionstatements.com from 2012 – present; clients have included Starbucks corporate information technology department (2013).
• Designed, wrote and researched course work projects for the sales management team at Accela from 2012 – 2013.
• Interpret clinical research materials for integration into reports for a variety of individual clients.
• Design course work as needed for individual clients, primarily course work in the health care and business fields.
• Interface with individual clients and organizations to determine what will best fit their needs on a project-by-project basis.
University of Cincinnati, 2012
• Assisted in designing and writing the psychology 101, 102, and 103 courses currently being utilized at the University of Cincinnati.
• Designed learning tools for both in-class and online use.
• Collaborated with students and professors to determine what would be most needed in new coursework.
Luxottica Retail, 1996-2001
• Negotiated and purchased items needed to maintain aesthetics and coordinate eyewear labs for over 900 existing store locations in the U.S. and Canada.
• Interfaced with Store Design and Marketing on new store construction to build 100 new stores in one year.
• Designed and wrote new technical manuals for existing store locations in the U.S. and Canada.
Master of Fine Arts in English, June 2015
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, June 2012
University of Cincinnati
• GPA 3.9 Summa *** Laude
• President, Phi Theta Kappa, 2010-2011
• CITI Certified for research:
o Educational Research (certificate 7784308)
o Research with Human Subjects (certificate 7784309)