I have over 8 years experience in many aspects of Video Production including scriptwriting, filming, live event video production, editing, compositing, VFX, and audio production. It is my goal to work with a team of professionals who have the desire to create a product with passion and meaning that can grab the attention of the viewer.
Photoshop CC, After Effects CC and 2014, Premiere Pro CC, Autodesk Maya 8 and up, ZBrush 4R6, UVLayout, Maxwell Studio, Sound Forge, Propellerhead Reason; rotoscoping, advanced green screen keying, 3D modeling, creative video editing, compositing, audio mixing, multi-cam event production, and musical score.
Owner/Creative Director Dec 2012 – Present
Cease Media Solutions, LLC
Video and web production, branding, illustration, and creative consulting.
• Consulting with client: identifying strengths and weaknesses, discussing vision and purpose, outlining goals.
• Presenting ideas and suggestions: Branding, website and social strategics, advertisement, production options, etc.
• Estimation: Project charter planning and mapping. Timelines established and goals are set.
• Production: Capturing and enhancing clients "product" through creative talent. Post-production processing, graphics, video editing, rendering, collaborating, and finalizing tasks.
• Execution: Releasing materials (videos, website launch, social media management and consulting.)
• Collaboration by request: Media Company in Seattle (keying and rotoscoping.)
• Contract work: Animation Company in Seattle (motion graphics and animation in AE.)
Producer/Director June 2008 – Dec 2010
Stand-Up Boot Camp, LLC
I thoroughly enjoyed creative control over online advertising and creating a variation of videos for the company, using famous comedians and live event footage. I created a promotional video that went viral (over 500,000 views on YouTube at the time,) increasing brand awareness many times over. http://kevincease.com/video/stand-up-boot- camp-trailer/
• Directing: multiple 5 day, 3 camera shoots with NewTek Tricaster and HD Video.
• Editing: Handled high volume video editing (sometimes 12TB in one project.)
• Sketch comedy/commercials/press: Combined marketing strategy with company branding to create unique and funny videos with viral potential.
Director of Media and Production June 2006 – Nov 2009 Cease Brothers Productions
I created several viral digital shorts that launched a deal with Comedy Central. I had a blast using my natural ability to write and produce comedy with my brother and close friends. Here is when I created my first feature length documentary published by Image Entertainment and soon to be on Hulu, a 6 month cross country tour that I shot, edited, and scored on the life of my brother Kyle Cease as he makes his way towards his first Comedy Central 1 hour stand-up special. (Trailer I put together can be seen here: http://kevincease.com/video/comedy-101-extended- trailer/)
• Scriptwriting: In charge of creation of scripts and submission to Comedy Central for approval.
• Filming: Shot listing, planning, and filming with a single camera on a zero budget with success
• Editing: Compiling footage and cutting using comedic timing and natural instincts to work synergetically with the actors, script and footage.
• Work by request: digital reels for agencies and their clients, including Anonymous Content and New Wave Entertainment.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Academy of Art University San Francisco, CA, 2010-13
Shoreline Community College Shoreline, WA 2002-2004
Digital Tutors: 26 certifications
My videos have appeared on the following television programs and notable websites:
• Comedy Central’s Tosh.0
• Comedy Central’s @Midnight with Chris Hardwick
• Comedy Central Presents: Atom TV
• AtomFilms.com (Now CC-studios) featured videos
• FunnyOrDie: reached several “Immortal Status” awards
• Break.com (sold rights to videos)
CURRENT ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
Animation, Digital Tutors, Gnomon Training, competitive power lifting, body building, anatomy and biology, 3D illustration, still life illustration, watching anything by Lars Von Trier, hiking, rock climbing, anything active, motorcycles, meditation, and diet/nutrition.