216-956-0746 ? email@example.com
Conceptual designer with an extensive knowledge in a variety of craft, electronic, and fine art mediums. Implements detailed, big picture approach to work, evaluating how actions and decisions could affect project success. Conscientious, focused team player able to work and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.. Positive, energetic, and on-trend, collaborates with both creative and business colleagues, to create new and exciting products that will drive sales. Demonstrated skills and expertise include:
• Team Leadership • Production Management / Project Coordination
• Customer Service • Supervision / Training / Motivation
• Illustration / Conceptual Design • Creative Problem Solving
AMERICAN GREETINGS CORPORATION, Cleveland, OH 2005 to 2011
Program Director/Designer Humorous cards
• Created and managed a dynamic and highly productive team of 9 artists, responsible for creating humor designs for everyday and seasonal card and gift product.; approximately 72 programs – annually 1100 individual concepts.
• Led team to exceed new product placement goals 200% in 2010, on-time and under budget.
• Hired, trained, evaluated, and negotiated salary and promotions for team members.
• Worked collaboratively with Product developers, merchandisers and other creative teams to deliver high performing product on time, and within budget.
MOONLIGHTING, Seville, OH 1982 to Present
Artist / Owner
• Specializes in character development, color theory, and new product development; traditional mediums include: soft-sculpture, pen and ink illustration, watercolor, photo/art collage.
• Concept and complete finished designs for a variety of creative Industries - card and gift, film, toy, print, clothing, and periodicals.
• Clients include: American Greetings, Carlton, Those Characters from Cleveland, Disney, Henson Associates, Hasbro, Enesco, Franklin Mint, Fisher-Price, Summit, and The Children's Better Health Institute.
• Create one of a kind artwork for retail sale in shops and galleries around the United States. Participate in benefit art/craft shows around the United States.
• Teach art/crafting in a variety of venues.
AMERICAN GREETINGS CORPORATION, Cleveland, OH 1978 to 1982
BA, Ivy School of Professional Art, Pittsburgh, PA
Working knowledge of Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Experienced in beading, sculpting, scrapbooking, floral design, framing, painting, Paper-Mache