SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
• Marketing collateral design
• Clothing artwork
• Animated gif files
• Project management
• Vendor negotiations
• Customer service
• Client retention
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Printing Press and Pre-press knowledge
• Experience writing syllabus and teaching design course
• Knowledge of CMYK and RGB applications
• 11+ years of Graphic Design Experience
Positions include; Prepress, Production Artist, Graphic Designer, Senior Graphic Designer, Graphic Design Instructor, Chamber Director, Main Street Manager, Freelance Designer, Business Owner/Graphic Designer.
SW-WRAP – Green River, WY
2010-2011 (one year grant)
• Give presentations to groups about SW-WRAP and what the non-profit offers
• Network and
• Manage Client base that are 185% poverty and have kids.
• Give assistance to clients
• Mentor clients to better their situation
• Assist clients with budgets and goals
• Refer clients to organizations that offer help clients need
• Write and keep current client logs on each client
• logos, marketing materials for non-profit
Imagine That Design -Green River, WY 2007–Present
• Freelance design services for multiple companies
• Business cards
• Clothing artwork
• Animated gif files
City of Green River - Green River, WY 2009–2010
Main Street Manager
• Coordinate and implement Board and committee communications and teamwork, events, annual work plans, and business renovations programs
• Manage purchasing, recordkeeping, budget writing and monitoring, bookkeeping, and report preparation
• Develop, design, and implement Main Street marketing, promotions, and economic development plans and programs Conduct ongoing public awareness and education activities to enhance appreciation of the downtowF00n assets and foster Main Street program goals and objectives
• Main Street liaison with public and private organizations, community groups, committees, and other state and national organizations
• Provide information and assistance, receive and respond to complaints and questions, review problems and recommend solutions
• Attend local, state and national meetings as a representative for Main Street
• Assist property owners with building improvement projects
• Encourage joint downtown activities, promotional events, advertising, special events, festivals, business assistance, business recruitment and parking management
• Develop relationships among local, state, and national agencies and the business community
• Coordinate and participate in the preparation and review of bids, assist in contract negotiations, monitor compliance with applicable contractual agreements and manage projects
• Research, write and administer grants including project management and reporting.
Rawlins- Carbon County Chamber of Commerce—Rawlins, WY 2008–2009
• Write and follow a budget
• Created promotional, advertising, and membership collateral
• Developed materials for relocation and visitor packets
• Developed and maintained Chamber website
• Organized, developed, edited, printed quarterly Newsletter
• Reviewed accounts payable/receivable
• Negotiated contracts for renewal
• Met with perspective members, gave Chamber of Commerce presentations, and membership information
• Represented the Chamber at civic and city functions and events
• Maintained active metrics for Chamber statistics
• Provided correspondence to membership and community at large
• Worked in tandem with EDC, City of Rawlins, Main Street, and Wyoming Small Business Council
• Created monthly Director’s Report to present at the Board of Directors meeting
• Managed Chamber advertising and promotion
• Coordinated Chamber events
• Worked closely with Board of Directors
• Presented to the Board new ideas for better events and fundraising ideas
• Researched and wrote Grants to cover event and advertising cost
HDI—Colorado Springs, CO 2006–2008
Senior Graphic Designer
• Lay out and designed quarterly magazine, brochures, catalogs, postcards, invitations, focus books, courseware, and specialty pieces.
• Designed web art such home pages, banners, and ads.
• Created designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
• Researched the most cost effective size of each piece, writing job specifications for each job, and getting quotes from vendors.
• Managed creative and print production; reviewing proofs, attended press checks and coordinating each job with vendors.
MGM Mirage—Las Vegas, NV 2003–2006
• Produced final digital art for print jobs in a deadline driven environment.
• Created invitational material, brochures, flyers, billboards, ads, restaurant pieces, casino collateral and specialty pieces.
• Attended weekly status meetings and schedule additional meetings to insure client needs were met.
• Produced comps for presentation.
• Assisted in proofreading.
California State University, Student Services—San Bernardino, CA 2001–2002
• Created forms, flyers, posters, brochures and banners.
• Directed customer contact by phone and in person.
• Created weekly calendar for the school newspaper.
• Photographer for school events and create flyers or collages from the pictures.
California State University San Bernardino, CA
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Graphic Design–Minor, Studio Art, 2002
Golden Key Honor Society Member, National Dean’s List Member
Golden Addy Award Winner for Graphic Design work (3 Gold, 3 Silver 2006, 2008)
Grant Certificate, June 2009: Get That Grant: Grant Writing from Conception to Completion
CPR Certified, March 2010
Albertsons Supervisor Training Graduate