• Writing: MARCOM professional with 15 years experience in proposal, magazine, business writing and project management. Author of numerous articles published in three regional magazines. Developer, writer and editor of a wide range of business materials, including proposals, brochures, newsletters and Web sites.
• Editing: Managing Editor of a regional magazine since 2007 (to present) and editor of various corporate and business materials (including proposals, reports, white papers and brochures). Experienced in copy editing, content editing and proofreading to meet various writing styles.
• Resource Management: Manager of client’s communications team, including three writers and three designers. Tracked and allocated the team’s workload, coached/mentored communication writers and provided project guidance and quality control.
• Project Management: Responsible for coordinating management of strategic-level pursuits with large cross-functional teams of subject-matter experts and technical professionals, specifically in the environmental engineering sector. Build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to my clients’ organizations (i.e., subcontractors and partners). Define and direct pursuit process, which includes managing cost, schedule and performance of pursuit elements and teams. Ability to survey, review and analyze complex requirements and effectively communicate specifications to others.
• Strong business development background, including strategic planning, winning proposal development and alliance building.
• Skilled in maintaining order amidst chaos and effectively managing under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Able to seamlessly multi-task long- and short-term priorities to generate desired results.
• Ability to successfully communicate and collaborate with peers and clients, as well as subcontractors and teaming partners. Effectively motivate team members to deliver their best.
• Ability to effectively manage onsite and remotely.
B.A., International Affairs and Environmental Studies with minors in Economics, Political Science and Geography—University of Colorado-Boulder, 1998
Professional and Volunteer Organizations
Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce
Association of Proposal Management Professionals
Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
Adopt A US Soldier, former Board of Directors and volunteer
Project American Run, volunteer