BHULAN KUMAR SINGH
516, Chirag Delhi, New Delhi-110017
# +919971478095, +919868488601
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor in Philosophy in Pharmacology (Focused on pre-clinical drug development, drug regulatory affairs, medical writing and pharmacovigilance) from Department of Pharmacology, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi.
To work in the field of research using knowledge and skills gained so far with positive practicing attitude and hard work to bring dreams into reality.
Pre Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Writing, Clinical Research, Regulatory Affairs
Course Board/ University Year Remarks
Ph. D. (Pharmacology) Jamia Hamdard 2011 NA
M. Pharm. (Pharmacology) Jamia Hamdard 2006 8.56/10 CGPA
GATE Conducted by IIT Delhi 2004 95.50 Percentile
B. Pharm. Jamia Hamdard 2004 67.56%
SRF on a Project entitle “Standardization and Clinical trial of Terminelia arjuna on Cardiac Dysfunction” Department of Pharmacology, AIIMS, New Delhi
Guest Lecturer, Department of Allied Sciences, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
Lecturer, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, SGIT, Ghaziabad, U.P.
“Effect of Herbal Medicinal Plants on Drug-Induced Cardiac Hypertrophy in Rats” Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hamdard University, New Delhi
M. Pharm Project (June 2005 - June 2006)
“Effect of Diclofenac Sodium on Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiomyopathy in Rats” Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hamdard University, New Delhi
? Qualified GATE-2005 conducted by IIT, Delhi scoring 95.50 Percentile.
? Received UGC Junior Research Fellowship during M.Pharm.
? Received Abdul Hamid Meritorious Fellowship during M.Pharm.
? Received Senior Research Fellowship awarded by DBT in AIIMS for research project.
? Receiving UGC-BSR Fellowship during Ph.D.
Strengths and Skills:
? Experience in handling of laboratory animals.
? Developed various experimental animal models in pre clinical studies.
? Knowledge of ICH, GCP guidelines and Helsinki Declaration.
? Handling of instruments like, Auto analyzers, Centrifuges, HPLC, ELISA, DSC, NIBP instrument, Lagendroff, UV-Spectrophotometers.
? Knowledge of drug regulations (FDA, ICH, CDSCO etc).
? Knowledge of all therapeutic drugs with their action, indication, adverse effects, interaction with other drugs
? Understanding of medical/pharmacology terminology
Publications and Abstracts:
1. Saraogi P, Pillai KK, Singh BK, Dubey K. Rosiglitazone and pioglitazone aggravate doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy in Wistar rats. Biomed Pharmacotherap., In Press, Uncorrected Proof, Available online 31 December 2010.
2. Pathan RA, Singh BK, Pillai KK, Dubey K. Naproxen Aggravates Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiomyopathy in Rats. Indian J Pharmacol 2010;42(1):44-49.
3. Singh BK, Pathan RA, Haque SE, Pillai KK, Dubey K. Diclofenac Sodium, A Nonselective Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug Aggravates Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiomyopathy in Rats. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2010;55(2):139-144.
4. Mahmood D, Singh BK, Akhtar M. Diabetic neuropathy: therapies on the horizon. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2009;61(9):1137-45.
1. Singh BK, Dubey K, Pillai KK, Haque SE. Diclofenac Sodium aggravates doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy in rats. Indian J Pharmacol 2006:38;S41-S42 (39th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society)
2. Haque SE, Gupta S, Pillai KK, Siddique N, Singh BK. Cardioprotective effect of unfermented tea (Camellia sinensis) on isoproterenol-induced cardiomyopathy in rats. 2009, pp12 (AICTE sponsored Nationl Seminar on Emerging Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences )
3. Kapoor P, Singh BK, Pillai KK, Bhandari U, Ahmad SJ. Protective effect of ethanolic extract of Abies pindrow on experimental dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis in rats. Indian J Pharmacol 2009:41(suppl.1);S61 (International Conference on Integrative and Personalized Medicine and 42th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society)
4. Singh BK, Kapoor P, Pillai KK, Kohli K, Haque SE. Regression of isoproterenol-induced cardiotoxicity by Cissampelos pareira L. Indian J Pharmacol 2009:41 (suppl.1);S123 (International Conference on Integrative and Personalized Medicine and 42th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society)
Working knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint), Internet and various operating systems
Conferences and workshops:
? Workshop on Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) organized by Dept. of Pharmacology, AIIMS from 24th - 25th Nov, 2006, New Delhi
? International Conference on Integrative and Personalized Medicine and 42th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society organized by National Research Institute of Ayurveda for Drug development and Indian Pharmacological Society, west Bengal Branch from Dec 10-12, 2009, Kolkata
? International Conference on Recent Advances in Cardiovascular Sciences (RACS 4th) organized by Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University, International Society for Heart Research and International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences (Indian Section) from Feb 3-4, 2010, DIPSAR, New Delhi
• Participated in 44th National Pharmacy Week conducted by IPA 2006.
• Participated in Rx 2006 conducted by Jamia Hamdard 2006
• Participated in one day Round Table Conference 17Th on Herbal Medicine in New Millennium
conducted by Ranbaxy Science Foundation on 25th March 2006
Prof (Dr.) K. K. Pillai
M.Pharm, PhD Prof (Dr.) S. K. Maulik
Head, Dept of Pharmacology,
Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, India
Dept. of Pharmaceutics
Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, India
Dept of Pharmacology,
Place: New Delhi
(Bhulan Kumar Singh)