Thanks for connecting! My name is Ashley. I'm a dreamer and a doer -- and a woman who is enthusiastic about so much that life has to offer, with the skill set to match.
I am many things:
· A published freelance writer and proofreader
· An award-winning blogger
· A social media consultant
· A certified health coach
· A motivational speaker
· A proud Board Member of WearWoof (www.wearwoof.org)
· A member of Mensa
I do many things, including:
· Blogging for the Arthritis Foundation and Paragon Homes
· Running Glitzburgh
· Motivational speaking relating to overcoming adversity and remaining positive
· Advocacy work and coaching relating to health and wellness
· Freelance social media consulting
· Freelance community management
· Charity work
I've accomplished some unique things, too:
· A freelance writing career of over 10 years
· Recently completed my first novel
· Spoke to members of Congress on Capitol Hill about arthritis-related issues
· Personally raised $11,000 in 10 weeks for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
· Been interviewed by television and print media outlets
· Have appeared on TV both locally and nationally
· Completed an on-air radio internship with DJ Bonics at 96.1 KISS fm
· Was one of Pittsburgh's 40 Under 40
· Was named a Top 10 Online Expert by Dr. Oz's website, ShareCare
· Was nominated for an ATHENA Young Professionals Award
· Was nominated for a Yahoo Women Who Shine Award
· Have taught social media classes for the Women's Small Business Network & the Military Writers' Society of America
· Was named one of Pittsburgh's Most Influential Twitter Users by the Pittsburgh Business Times
I have many interests and talents:
· Social Media
· Health & Wellness
· Animal Welfare
· Music & Entertainment
... Believe it or not, Oprah Winfrey herself has even tweeted me about my work!
I love embracing new opportunities & saying YES to new things! LIFE is meant to be LIVED, after all! :)
I am presently seeking WRITING and PROOFREADING jobs, but will also consider health coaching and social media management endeavors.
Additional Honors & Awards:
Voted "Best Blogger in Pittsburgh" - 2009-2010.
Voted "Who to Follow on Twitter" - 2012.
Named one of Pittsburgh's "Top 40 Under 40" - 2011.
"Woman of the Year" candidate - 2012.
Named a "Face of the SouthSide Works" - 2012.
Named a "Top 10 Online Expert" on Dr. Oz's website, ShareCare Now - 2012.
Made multiple television appearances in 2011 & 2012.
Nominated for an "ATHENA Young Professional" Award - 2012.
Nominated for a "Yahoo! Women Who Shine" Award - 2012.
FemCity Pittsburgh Board of Advisors - 2012.
Get Involved, Inc. Young Professionals Board Member - 2013.
WearWoof Board of Directors - 2013.
Admitted to Mensa - 2013.
Became a Certified Holistic Health Coach & Drugless Practitioner - 2013.
Named one of Pittsburgh's "Most Influential Twitter Users" by the Pittsburgh Business Times - 2014.