CARIANNE E. SITES, M.S.W.
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES AND TRAINING MANAGER
PROACTIVE LEADERSHIP ~ CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING ~ POLICY DEVELOPMENT ~ BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION ~ PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT
SKILLED IN THE USE OF MICROSOFT OFFICE PRODUCTS INCLUDING: EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, ACCESS, VISIO AND PUBLISHER
EXPERIENCED IN THE USE OF HRIS SYSTEMS INCLUDING: ADP (PC PAYROLL, HR PERSPECTIVE, HR TOOLBOX AND REPORTSMITH) AND PAYCOR (PAYCOR FOR WINDOWS, HR PERFORMER AND WEB REPORTING)
AN ACCOMPLISHED HUMAN RESOURCES LEADER WITH OVER TEN YEARS OF PROVEN EXPERTISE IN POLICY AND PROCEDURE, RECRUITING AND HIRING PRACTICES, PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT, CURRICULUM COMPOSITION, BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION, BUDGET DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT, AND RETENTION APPROACHES. DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE COLLABORATING WITH SENIOR MANAGEMENT TO CONDUCT STRATEGIC PLANNING IN ORDER TO SUPPORT AND ADVANCE ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS.
• Envisioned, designed, proposed, and implemented a complete reorganization of the agency’s Human Resources and Training Departments to improve efficiency and customer service.
• Revamped the agency’s new staff orientation program to encourage a greater sense of mission and belonging.
• Developed a new personnel record system and a schedule for regular, internal audits.
• Introduced an electronic benefit enrollment and management system that resulted in significant time savings for Human Resources staff and reduced costs by over $18,000 per year.
• Researched, authored and led a leadership and management training series.
• Spearheaded initiatives to revise the Employee Handbook, the agency’s position descriptions and the performance appraisal system.
• Appointed by the Governor to serve on the Child Welfare Licensing Board.
10/2004 – 04/2011 CHILDREN’S HOME + AID (Formerly Children’s Home & Aid Society of Illinois) Director of Human Resources and Training (Chicago, Illinois)
• Directed a staff of up to six professionals.
• Conducted and coordinateed annual benefit enrollment and manage all aspects of the employee benefit program.
• Ensured personnel files are accurate and complete.
• Coordinated resources to meet the professional development and training needs of over 700 agency staff members throughout the state of Illinois.
• Co-founded the agency’s Ethics Committee.
08/2000 – 10/2004 CHILDREN’S HOME + AID
Director of Professional Education and Training (Chicago, Illinois)
• Ensured the professional development and training needs of over 650 agency staff members throughout the state of Illinois were met.
• Supervised two Training Coordinators.
• Planned and coordinated an annual Professional Development Series for agency staff members and outside attendees.
• Researched and authored curriculum materials.
• Designed and conducted training for direct service staff on the policies, procedures and clinical issues impacting their service delivery, including DCFS regulations, COA standards, and HIPAA.
• Served as a Peer Reviewer for the Council on Accreditation.
• Selected to serve on the State of Illinois’ Program Improvement Plan Committee in response the Federal Child and Family Services Review.
• Provided clinical supervision to two L.C.S.W. candidates.
• Authored multiple agency policies and procedures.
06/1999 – 08/2000 CHILDREN’S HOME + AID
Training Coordinator (Chicago, Illinois)
• Composed core curriculum manuals and designed position-specific training programs for staff members.
• Designed brochures and fliers for agency-sponsored training sessions and a training newsletter for staff members.
• Provided clinical supervision to an L.C.S.W. candidate.
09/1995 – 06/1999 CHILDREN’S HOME + AID
Family Counselor / Social Work M.S.W. (Granite City, Illinois)
• Provided crisis intervention services to children between the ages of eleven and seventeen years old who had run away from home or been locked out by their caretakers.
• Devised treatment plans and provided case management services to a caseload of twelve to thirty families and wrote detailed assessments of family patterns and functioning from a strengths perspective and provided solution-focused individual and family therapy.
• Collaborated with schools, hospitals, the court system, and other agencies that provided substance abuse, mental health, parenting, and pregnancy services and provided housing, educational, legal and medical advocacy to clients and their families.
• Supervised M.S.W. level practicum students and after-hours crisis workers.
M.S.W., George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University (St. Louis, MO), May 1995
Concentration: Women’s Issues (Individualized) Specialization: Family Therapy
A.B., Washington University (St. Louis, MO), May 1992
Major: English Literature Minors: Writing and Drama
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Illinois L.C.S.W. from 1998 – 2008, Licensure eligible.
• Appointed Assistant Adjunct Professor of Field Education for the School of Social Service at St. Louis University.