OBJECTIVE A novice position as a dedicated creative professional, driven and committed to mastering advanced skills in editorial styling and fashion forecasting.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS • Five years of experience in trend spotting and forecasting the strategic direction of fashion.
• Enthusiasm and joy of all aspects of fashion from product development through marketing.
EDUCATION VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITY (“VCU”) (Richmond, Virginia)
• Junior in Fashion Merchandising
• Scheduled to Graduate 2015
SANTA REPARATA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF ART (“ SRISA”) (Firenze/Florence, Italy)
• Language — Advanced Italian
• Italian Culture Craft and Design
IOWA WESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Course: Fashion Merchandising 2012—Present
KEY SKILLS Knowledge of Textiles to Include:
• Analysis of different types of fabrics, dyes, and print methods.
• Fashion Illustration ? Retail Merchandising
• Technical Theory of Textile and Fashion ? Marketing Strategies and Research
• Advertising ? Professional Customer Service
• Fashion Forecasting ? Basic Accounting Skills
EXPERIENCE GANDZEE (http://www.gandzee.com ? (Richmond, Virginia) — Forecaster
• Forecasted a business plan for an etailing children’s brand retailer. 2013
SRISA (Firenze/Florence, Italy) — Forecaster and Interior Designer
• Created a men’s wear contemporary fashion forecasting floor plan.
• Created interior design layout which was showcased in Florence, Italy. 2013
BELLEVUE EAST HIGH SCHOOL (Bellevue, Nebraska) — Costume Designer
• Designed costumes for high school plays/musicals (e.g., Othello & the Boy Band Venice, Guys & Dolls, Footloose, and Seussical the Musical). 2007—2010
GALLUP POLL (Bellevue, Nebraska) — Telephone Interviewer
• Conduct research surveys for East Coast companies and political campaigns. August—December 2010
KIWANIS KEY LEADER INTERNATIONAL (Bellevue, Nebraska) — Leader & Participant
• Participated in leadership seminars and volunteered community services for local agencies. 2009
COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE • Adobe Photoshop CS6 ? Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Adobe Illustrator
LEADERSHIP TALENTS • Strong work ethic ? Natural team builder and leader
• “Go-to” player ? Highly driven and self-starter
• Good interpersonal skills ? Well organized
OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES • Volleyball for seven years — Player and Team Captain for three seasons
• Participated in high school musicals for three years — Performer
• High school choir for five years and show choir for one year — Singer
• College Concert Choir Ensemble — Singer
• VCU’s Gospel Choir — Singer
• VCU’s All Women’s Choir ensemble — Singer
• Barbizon Modeling/Acting School and Agency — 2009 Graduate
VOLUNTEER WORK LEONARD LAWRENCE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Bellevue, Nebraska) — Student Aid
• Assisted students with creative writing, arts & crafts, and practicing lines for plays.
• Designed scene decoration and prepared props for plays.
• Performed secretarial duties and grading of papers for staff. 2007—2009
OPEN DOOR MISSION (Omaha, Nebraska) — Volunteer
• Conducted food-and-toy drives for four holiday seasons.
• Organized and sorted through clothing warehouse to dress the homeless. 2005—2008
LIFESPRING CHURCH (Bellevue, Nebraska) — Summer Camp Volunteer
• Teacher for summer Sunday school.
• Arts & crafts and theme/scene redecorating for plays. 2007—2009
MISSOURI ON MISSION (Missionary Organization Which Restores and Builds Churches at Various Locations around the United States) — Summer Volunteer
• Interior decorating, applying drywall, painting, roofing, and installing carpeting. 2000—2004
CAMP OF THE WOODS (Dinorwic, Northwestern Ontario, Canada) — Summer Camp Volunteer
• Cleaning up and preparing campsites and cabins, clearing the environment of waste, event planning, and acquiring supplies. Summer 2006
REFERENCES REFERENCES VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITY (Richmond, Virginia)
• Rosalie Regni Associate Professor, BFA, MFA firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Gutherie Interim Assistant Chair email@example.com
& Assistant Professor, BFA, MA
Fashion Design & Fashion Merchandising
• Jennie Cook Computer for Fashion Professor firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gabriella M. Valsecchi ?Adjunct Instructor of Italian email@example.com
INTERNET REFERENCES • Partial portfolio can be accessed at: https://speightjj.wix.com/janetsportfolio
• Fashion blog location: https://janet-speight-3nor.squarespace.com
HOBBIES • Singing (Soprano Two) ? Writing music, playing the piano and ukulele
• Cross-country skiing and running ? Motorcycling (including dirt biking)
• Cooking ? Traveling
• Crafting ? Volleyball