Summary of Qualifications
• Graphic Designer with 20 years of experience in graphic design
• Extensive experience in book publication and design.
• Advanced skills in color correction.
• Accomplished in all aspects of print design.
• Motivated, learns quickly and adapts to new environments.
Kennel Club Books, a Division of BowTie Press, Freehold, NJ 2007-2009
• Digital Prepress Specialist, Designer, and Scanner. Responsible for layout and design of books, as well as all of the scanning and color correcting the digital images used in the books. Prepared files for printing using FlightCheck. Books completed include: The Dog Bible, Pets Gone Green, The Marc Marone Petkeeper Series, and Dogs, The First 125 Years of the American Kennel Club.
Kennel Club Books, Allenhurst, NJ 1999-2007
• Digital Prepress Specialist, Designer and Scanner. Responsible for layout and design of books, as well as all of the scanning and color correcting the digital images used in the books. Comprehensive Owner’s Guides were the primary book series. Other special titles included: Rescue Me, Enjoying Dog Agility, Mysteries of Breed Type and Best In Show.
TFH Publications, Neptune, NJ 1994-1999
• Graphic Designer for the Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine and for many of TFH books.
Howmark Publishing, Elizabeth, NJ 1989-1994
• Art Assistant for 3 monthly magazines: The Pet Dealer, Health Foods Business and Army Navy Store & Outdoor Merchandiser.
Ocean County Community College 2010
Web Designer Certificate Program.
Mercer County Community College 1986
Associate Degree. Majored in Graphic Arts
Technical & Software Skills
MAC and PC: Photoshop, QuarkXpress, Illustrator and InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks and HTML. Operate Scitex EverSmart Pro scanner.
Please view my portfolio at: jmuzyka.com