Charles J. Manners
Freelance Graphic Designer, Lancaster, PA/Pittsburgh, PA 2002 – present
• Provide design services for independent clients, including identity development, promotional materials and advertising strategy, marketing concepts and designs, web site design, and packaging design
• Responsible for conception to completion of projects including media planning selection and print process
• Blend client ideas and objectives to design and campaign while maintaining a focus on basic marketing principles
• Clients include: RR Donnelly United Disabilities Services, Downtown Athletic Club (Pittsburgh, PA), Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Manheim Township Education Foundation,
Rice & Rice, ltd. Design Group, Amanda Kraft Photography, The Farfield Company
• Projects include: annual reports, planned giving brochure & initial donation campaign concept, promotional brochure, DVD & CD case package, web site design & initial social media campaign, intranet site design, marketing material (from concept to printed piece), promotional package for USPL to display product samples, magazine spread and ads.
Realty Select, Lancaster, PA 2004-2007
• Produced all marketing materials for agency and parent company
• Coordinated print campaigns and met aggressive deadlines
• Worked closely with agency owner to determine marketing niche and focus
Xerox, Lancaster, PA 2003-2004
• Created Logo standards Manuals for various accounts
• Developed initial website concepts
Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design 2009
Bradley Academy for the Visual Arts (now the Art Institute of York)
Associates in Specialized Technology/Graphic Design 2003
Creative use of type in design, display type, as image and selection. Gestalt principles and design. Practical knowledge of photography, proofing,. Extensive use and knowledge of grid systems. Understanding of color theory, its psychological effects and use in design. Deliberate in conceptual thinking and processes. Knowledgeable in environmental design, including dimensional design.
Extensive knowledge of paper stock. Experienced in pre-press process, including offset printing, and screen. Thermography. Lithography. Flat bed and drum scanning.