Nathan E. Baker – Web Designer/Manager, Professional Writer
Tired of hiring web designers that can't “do” HTML or CSS? Tired of hiring web designers that can do only code work? Look no further. I'm a web designer that is fully versed with HTML and CSS and is familiar with hosting and managing HTML sites, CMS sites, and hybrid websites, including store sites, catalog sites, and promotional/presence web sites.
My range of skills includes graphics, photography, and professional-level writing. I can write content articles, feature articles, instructional and training material, technical articles and editorials on a large number of subjects. I can write compelling text and create interactive banners and graphics for web pages (using Flash, PHP, GIF, etc.). I enjoy doing research and learning about new fields and interests.
I am currently seeking a remote position in the web design or web managements field, or a remote position as a web or print content writer, SEO writer, or software/hardware technical writer.
GENERAL SKILL SUMMARY
* Remote worker, respectful of deadlines
* Self starter, able to work without supervision.
* Proficient with common office equipment/software
* Excellent work record
* Technically oriented, hardware and software troubleshooter, able to act as general resource.
SPECIFIC SKILL SUMMARY
* Skilled technical writer, can understand engineering diagrams, flow charts, schematics
* SEO content specialist familiar with researching key words and working them into original text
* Creative writer capable of producing SEO rich, unique content
* Proficient with HTML, CSS3, PHP, CMS, Jquery, MYSQL, Flash
* Knowledgeable of Search Engine behavior and how they effect web design
* Experienced with creating web sites "from scratch"
* Experienced with configuring and maintaining CMS-oriented sites (Joomla, Wordpress, etc.)
* Proficient with tracking and analysis software (Google Analytics, other packages)
* Proficient with setting up stores ("sites") in ecommerce hubs like eBay.
* Experienced working with shopping carts, security, SSL, and ecommerce issues
* Thorough understanding of User Interface issues
* Proficient with email marketing campaigns and generating newsletters, ads, specials using Constant Contact.
* Familiar with Twitter, Facebook, and creating engaging messages for social network campaigns
* Professional graphic artist able to create interactive on-line banners and advertisements
Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
10+ years of extensive hands-on post-college experience with Technical, Freelance Writing, Managing Websites, and Programming.
Remote Contributing Writer/SEO Article Writer, various subjects
CCTV OUTLET CORPORATION
SEO, Web Manager, Technical Writer, Graphic Artist
Designed company websites – all coding and content with Dreamweaver/Expressions/Notepad/Fireworks/Photoshop.
Wrote all documentation – spec sheets, guides, promotional
Created all newsletter copy and graphics (Constant Contact)
Photographed company products for web graphics
Ran social networking campaigns in Twitter/Facebook, company forum
OWENS CLASSIC AUTOMOTIVE ONLINE
SEO, Content Provider, Online Ad Designer, Adwords
Created original content for target websites
Managed Google and Yahoo ad design campaigns
Handled customer queries relating to on-line order placement
PERRY BALLARD ADVERTISING AGENCY
Web Designer, SEO, Technical Writer
Created websites based on input from agency professionals and the client.
Created user manuals and technical manuals for clients using MS WORD and VENTURA.