?University of California, Irvine Irvine, CA
Bachelors of Arts, Environmental Science Sep. 2010-to Sep. 2013 • Coursework focused on land, ocean and atmosphere interactions with an emphasis in social, political and economic human dimensions of climate change. Course work includes earth systems science and sociological
Minor, Global Sustainability
• Interdisciplinary social science focused minor focused on sustainability. Coursework includes topics related to globalization of food systems, indigenous cultures, sustainable development, social movements, and environmental analysis and writing.
UC Irvine Environnent Institute Irvine, CA
Special Project Assistant Feb. 2012- to Jun. 2013
• Assistant to Assistant Director, Susan Coons and Sustainability Researcher, Abigail Reyes coordinating co-
curricular sustainability projects, events, and seminars on campus
• Assessed student co-curricular involvement on campus; developed governance structure for a student-led Global Sustainability Resource Center, whose goal is to create a stronger community of sustainability student leaders and activists.
• Co-founded the UCI Global Sustainability Resource Center (GSRC), an initiative to foster a culture of sustainability on campus and house student-led programming on sustainability education, engagement and outreach.
UC Irvine Center for Environmental Biology Irvine, CA
Student Intern Jan. 2013- Jun. 2013
• Involved in collection and identification of California native and non-native shrubs, grasses and forbs on
various experimental field sites in cooperation with the Irvine Ranch Conservancy
• Assisted post-data sample collection, preparation and data entry contributing to plant community assembly theories for Southern California restoration efforts
Center for Unconventional Security Affairs (CUSA) Irvine, CA
Student Researcher Dec. 2011-Jun. 2012
• Copy and format edited manuscripts for Dr. Richard Matthew, Founder and Executive Director of CUSA –a hub of a global network of academics and practitioners that study and develop solutions to human and environmental security challenges. Various environmental human security issues were explored including women, climate change, and human security, food security, energy security, population and national security, sustainable development, and the evolution of environment-conflict research
Occidental Petroleum Long Beach, CA
Geological Intern Jun. 2010-Nov. 2011 • Organized, labeled, scanned and entered oil well log data, various oil well logs, and geographical surveys and
contour maps of the Los Angeles Basin.