Professional Graphic Designer with over six years of design experience in a corporate capacity who utilizes creativity, dedication and time management to develop quality output. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues; convey issues and present solutions to negotiate agreements with team members and outside sales representatives. Known for building strong relationships with internal and external partners. Skilled in strategic planning and implementation; able to prioritize effectively, multi-task and achieve objectives within time and budget.
Adobe Creative Suite 5 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Quark Xpress, Corel DrawX6, Microsoft Office, flatbed scanners, photo re-touching, color correcting, Inkjet & Laser Printers. PC and Macintosh based platforms
Herff Jones, Inc. Warwick, Rhode Island September 2007 - Present
Graphic Designer Design emblematic jewelry and rings for high schools, colleges and universities as well as commercial businesses and professional championships.
• Appointed lead designer for prestigious, high volume accounts; i.e. MIT, Providence College, U.S. Marine Corps, VA Tech and the United States Military Academy - West Point Cadet Ring.
• Developed full lines of jewelry for the NFL, NHL, NBA and the MLB
• Conceptualized and designed Fenway Park 100th Anniversary jewelry line
• Attained knowledge of Licensing restrictions/patents and copyrights on trademarked logos
• Acquired a 3 year contract with MIT: over 1200 units sold within the first week of order taking to help the company gain over $875,000 in revenue in the first year.
• Built continued relationships with sales reps by providing quality art and meeting strict deadlines
Invitation Design Warwick, Rhode Island August 2007 - August 2013
Freelance Designer Customized stationery for all occasions.
• Single handedly developed my own client base by attending trade shows & bridal events
• Attained new clients by word of mouth from happy past customers.
• Personally managed consultations, ordering, designing, printing, mounting, assembling, shipping and finances
InDesigns Westerly, Rhode Island May 2007 - October 2007
Graphic Design Consultant Created signage and murals for the interior of Barnes and Noble college campus bookstores.
• Conceptualized and implemented fresh ideas to relate to the target audience
Rhode Island College Providence, Rhode Island September 2002 – May 2006
Bachelor of Arts and Sciences Degree in Studio Art, *** Laude
Concentration in graphic design, Minor in communications, Cumulative GPA: 3.34, Dean’s List
Park University Enterprises, Inc. Fred Pryor Seminars - Career Track August 2013- August 2014
Recognized from employer for leadership potential and invited to partake in government funded continued education courses for developing management training and leadership skills.
AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Arts), NAPW (National Association of Professional Women)
Vice President and Co-founder of Rhode Island College Graphic Design Club.