Proofreader with 28 years experience in Legal/Financial and Commercial Proofreading. Provide exceptional and professional skills, support and service for a broad-range of staff and clients.
Summary of Skills
* 20+ years experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Wide variety of industry experience includes: legal, financial, commercial
* Excellent communication skills
* Self-starter with professional manner
* Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Critical thinker
* Highly organized with superior attention to detail
* Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, some Excel, some MAC experience
* SEC compliance
* Employee training and development
* Quality assurance
Bowne of Dallas -- May 1996 to May 2011
Proofreading, Finalizing and Typesetting of Financial Statements (Prospectuses, Proxy Statements, SEC Form Documents, Mutual Fund Documents, etc.). Co-Lead of Team working with FNMA Clients. Authored and maintained SOP documentation for FNMA styles and standards. Worked closely with Customer Service Representatives to insure Client specifications were met or exceeded.
APP Nat'l Titles -- April 1994 to May 1996
Proofreading, Designing and Typesetting of Ads for Trade Publications using AdSpeed on MacIntosh. Maintained Film Files. Worked closely with Customer Service Agents to insure Client specifications were met or exceeded.
Merrill Corporation -- October 1991 to April 1994
Billing and Invoicing for Document Reproduction Group, Typesetting and Proofreading of documents for In-House Clients. Maintained Filing System. Worked closely with Customer Service Representatives to insure Client specifications were met or exceeded. Litigation Prep Work including: Bates Labeling, Inspecting Copies for accuracy and legibility and On-Site Assignments.