Hello my name is Kenneth Outwater. I majored in Game Art and Design at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and graduated with my Bachelor’s degree of Science June 2014. I specialized in becoming a Concept Artist and I feel that freelancing would push me forward toward learning and practicing what I would like to do for a living.
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh 2010-Present
• Degree: Bachelor’s degree of Science
• Major: Game Art and Design
• GPA: 3.5
• Dean’s List
• National Honor Society
• Team Building Adobe Photoshop
• Digital Painting Adobe Premiere
• Illustration Microsoft Office
• Verbal Communication ZBrush
• Problem-solving 3ds Max
• 3D Modeling Corel Painter
• Art Direction
Concept Artist for MOJO game Studios on Aderyn's Cradle Oct.2014- Sep.2015
Worked on vegetation concepts to architecture model sheets, along with weapon concepts and other prop concepts.
Texture Artist/GameDesigner - Global Game Jam. Jan 24, 2014 – Jan 26, 2014
• Created the textures for our game “ Down the Rabbit Hole”
• Created tiling textures
• Gave each texture a painterly style about them.
• Helped with Brainstorming the ideas for the game
Author/Illustrator of Remember The Flame- Jan 2014- Mar2014
Created a children's story for my Children's Literature class, which I then published as an official book through Createspace.com A free publishing service through Amazon.com
Concept Lead for Priest- Oct 2013 – December 2013
• Concept Lead of Design & Concept team, which consisted of 5 people, for an in class game.
• Uploaded pictures of Design and Concept team’s artwork to a specific blog.
• Delegated new tasks to the team each week.
• Created a folder hierarchy in which the team could put their concepts.
• Sent an email stating everyone’s assignments for the upcoming week.
Worked on an Illustration of a Train Station for Bob Fryer
• Met with Bob to talk about revisions and changes before the final was produced.
• Created an illustration of a train leaving a Train Station, the final being in pen and ink.
• The illustration was turned into 4000 placemats that were used in 3 restaurants.
Concept Artist/ Character Artist - Global Game Jam. Jan 25, 2013- Jan 27,2013
• Concept Artist for a 4 man team which created a game called “Heart Attack Man.”
• Created the concepts for the character and the 3D version of the main character of the game.
• Helped with the User Interface of the game.