1142 Whitehall Court
Port Orange, FL 32129
Phone: (386) 236 – 9153
SUBJECT: Russian translator from Port Orange, Florida, 32129, USA
Feb 2007 – now Freelance translator: business and investment plans, annual reports and financial statements, contracts, court statements and other legal documents (private companies, region and city governments), technical documents (gas & oil, metallurgical, tool-making, construction, manufacturing and airline companies); presentations, web-sites, manuals, and promotional literature; research and magazine articles, fiction books (2 books from Russian into English); additional skills: medical translations (long-time cooperation with the Ural Cardiological Center), property development and management (three-year cooperation with the New Mexico State University and the Ural National Investment and Real Estate Institute). Total experience in translation – more than 20 years.
Aug 1985 – Feb 2007 Associate Professor at Ural University of Economics (Russia), World Economy Department. Teaching students Business English (Economics, Finance, Marketing etc.) through seminars, practical classes, lectures and workshops. Teaching students in Economic Translation and Interpreting.
• Published more than 10 textbooks for University students (Ural State University Press).
• Published 2 textbooks for students of Economics and for beginning translators, certified by the Ministry of Education in Economics, Finance and World Economy (the Russian Federation).
Sep. 1982 – June 1985 Teacher of English at Medical University in Chita (Russia).
• Working as an interpreter and translator for Ural University of Economics (oral and written translation: conferences, negotiations, workshops, correspondence, university publications). 1985-2007.
• Working with Russian translation agencies, private and public companies: contract, part-time job (translating legal documents, web-sites, technical documents, financial documents, stock market reports; interpreting of negotiations, meetings, conferences). 1987-2007.
1975-1980 Ural State Pedagogical University, Foreign Language Department, majored in English, Diploma of lecturer in English and German.
March 1988 – June 1988 College of Higher Education, London (exchange program), UK
Aug 1992 Cohran Program in Economics and Agriculture, USA (grant)
SKILLS AND PERSONAL DATA
• PC, German (basic)
• Widowed, fast and eager to learn, flexible, communicative, hardworking and punctual
REFERENCES: Available on request