• Excellent design skills, proven in a • Ability to maintain strict budget fast paced, deadline-driven environment. adherence while providing
• Disciplined creativity and attention to detail. outstanding design solutions.
• Ability to interface with numerous • Flexible and adaptable,
departments and disciplines. with a true “team member” ethic.
• Ability to manage and direct • Experience working with photographers
designers and vendors. and attending photography shoots
Employment:Campbell Soup Company, Global Design Group, Camden, NJ - Freelance Graphic Designer, 2008 – 2011 Products: US Soup Labels and Packaging for R&W, R&W Kids, Healthy Request, Wolfgang Puck and promotions.
• Assistd the Design Manager in the design of the Kirkland/Campbell club pack for Cosco.
• Updating the R&W label with a brand new “look” for 2010 - 22 skus.
• Assisted with the design of high impact R&W promotional labels such as Despereaux and Tomato Seeds program as well as R&W Kids like SpongeBob and Toy Story labels.
• Helped finalize the 2009 design of Wolfgang Puck soup and Broth/Stock packaging, working closely with production on color proofing. Recently managed and designed the 2010 update to the packaging of 25 skus both US and Canadian.
• Managed and updated the design for 2010 Ready to Serve soup club packs (14 skus) adhering to a tight deadline.
• Designed 2009-10 National Sales Meeting booklet itinerary under a tight timeline and budget constraints.
Luigi Bormioli, Horsham, PA - Freelance Graphic Designer, 2010-present Products: Tableware: dinnerware and wine glasses for US markets.
• Worked closely with the Marketing Director on the Tradeshow advertising for the NY Tabletop show 2010 and 2011designing brochures and posters.
• Recently worked on transferring Italian packaging design of glasses to a US version - (7 skus).
Combined Resources International, Mount Laurel , NJ - Freelance Graphic Designer, 2007 – 2008 Products: Gelwriter-RX, Hexium, BriteWriter, MessageStor, Gelwriter Rainbow pens
• Successfully designed three different brand looks for writing pens within a one month deadline. A final design was chosen and then created two more product looks.
• Created and designed logos for BriteWriter highlighter markers and Gelwriter RX-2 pens.
InDesign Creative Studios, Palmyra, NJ - Freelance Graphic Designer, 2005 – 2007 Clients: Power Sentry, Philips, IFM Marketing, Omni Diagnostics, Franklin Electronics
• Successfully transitioned Power Sentry packaging (52 SKUs) to the Philips brand identity in a month.
• Responsible for creative direction of all projects, which included logo, packaging and collateral materials.
• Organized and developed better quality control over production processes.
Mattel, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ - Senior Packaging Designer, Package Design Group, 1999 – 2003
• Primary packaging design/art direction responsibility for numerous Mattel brands, including Matchbox®, Matchbox® Collectibles, and numerous licensed and customized products: in excess of 250 SKUs per year.
• Brand identity/logo development for Matchbox® brands and segments.
• Primary design/art direction responsibility for successful Matchbox® 50th Anniversary promotion.
• Extensive knowledge of designing with product licenses such as, Coca-Cola®, Warner Bros. Studios, NBA, Saturday Night Live, Nickelodeon, and Ford Motor Company.
• Successful direction of three in-house freelance designers, as well as numerous outside illustrators, designers and photographers.
• Maintenance of fiscal discipline in design process, effectively managing an annual design budget in excess of $250K.
Mattel, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ - Graphic Designer, Package Design Group, 1996 – 1999
Education: Tyler School of Art, Temple University, Elkins Park, PA, BFA, 1996, Major: Graphic Design.
Manor Junior College, Jenkintown, PA, AS, 1986.
Additional Skills: Proficient in numerous computer applications, including Adobe Creative Suitte, Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.