Julie A. Wood
256 Harts Ford Way Brownsburg, IN
INTERIOR DESIGNER/ COMPUTER ANIMATED DRAFTER
I am a self-motivated individual that utilizes a team approach to complete any project that I am presented with. I will take an idea from conception to completion working with the team and client. I pride myself on my work ethic and dedication to make any project the best. I am creative designer that individualizes the design need to fit the application. I have a vast amount of different experiences that I will be build the design around.
Work Experience & Specialized Skills
Design/Retail Consultant, 12/2010-present
• Specializing in Home design for the disabled/Aging, while organizing and making the home more ADA friendly for clients.
• Coordinating Facility maintenance & repair, providing transportation to help assist the client in taking part in the shopping & selecting of items for home
• Re-arranging & updating & helping the client get rid of clutter. Assisting the client with basic Social & Welfare needs to improve client’s lifestyle by preparing forms, running errands while allowing client to re-gain independence.
• Running several antique booths
• Designing retail space for antique malls
Premier Indy’s All Auto, Zionsville, IN
• Responsible of new design of customer waiting area to maximize comfort and convenience for the customer.
• Responsible for Programming/planning and successfully completing the project for employee common break area.
• Also included in daily duties: Administrative filing, record keeping, data entry, Customer service, Cashiering, Answering phones.
CLEC/Crane Learning and Employment
Program Coordinator, 7/2010-12/2010
• Responsible for the re-structuring & creation of a new program
• Recruiting, staffing, and getting clients into training programs, case managing
• Administrative duties, customer service, greeting clients for intake process
• Outreach to employers/clients, networking, Public affairs for program,
• Received a Federal Public Trust Clearance through DFAS/Defense Finance Accounting Services, Aug.2010.
Department of Labor/Department of Workforce Development
Community Employment Specialist; 12/2006-07/2010
• Responsible for providing customer service customers & referral services to clients in crisis.
• Performs intensive outreach and counseling to clients, conducting interviews to determine client’s qualifications
• Case Management/ Tracking and maintaining data, writing reports
• Uses case management process to provide services to disabled Chp. 31 veterans & performs other related work that is within the scope of duties in accordance with the United States code Title 38.
• Working knowledge of various Federal and State employment laws and regulations especially as they relate to disabled veterans.
Interior Designer/Retail Designer; 03/2001 to 12/04/2006
• Mediate customer complaints, review and make recommendations on Construction Projects.
• Personal Assistant, running errands, answering phones/ responding to emails related to the project.
• Assisting with postal/packaging duties, purchasing items, pricing/inventory, book-keeping
• Constructing various retail displays, inventory for sale, pricing & computer operating/invoicing, estimates.
Purdue/IUPUI, Associate of Science, Engineering/Interior Design, May 2005
Indiana University/IUPUI, Bachelor of Science & Behavior Sciences, 2006
Case Management Certificate; University of Denver, Department of labor and Workforce Development, State of Indiana, 2008
Stratford Comprehensive High School, 1992; ICAADA 2012 (Counselor in Training)
• Efficient in Microsoft Office
• Efficient in a variety of design software
• Excellent organizational skills
• Upon Request