I am a freelance Publuc Relations Communications and Graphic Designer. I build Web Sites, Video Edit and Record, Photography, Logo, DVD/CD design and much more. I have utilized these skills for 7 years using Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, QuarkXPress and Adobe Premier.
CLICK DISPLAYED PHOTO TO VIEW MY ELECTRONIC PORTFOLIO ---->
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
•Effective Integrated Marketing Skills (Public Relations, Graphic Design, Web Development)
•Professionally committed and responsible.
•Knowledgeable of Search Engine Optimization
•Proficient in numerous programs, applications and operating systems.
•Outstanding experience includes 6 years of Graphic Design; 3-4 years as Web developer, Photography and Video Production.
•Maintain Focus in demanding work environments, under deadline and pressure conditions.
•Meet challenges head-on and always find a way to effectively complete multiple assignments or tasks.
•Enthusiastic, resourceful and trainable
-Academic record achieved 3.25 for 15 of 16 semesters
-Obtained three Foundation Scholarship Awards
B.A, Communications - Public Relations Emphasis/
Wartburg College, Waverly, Iowa
- Ranked among the best liberal Arts College in the nation.
•Courses included Public Relations Writing and Techniques, Journalism and News Reporting, Principles of Management, Advanced Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communications, Organizational Communication, Photography, Television Production, Media Marketing and Management, Persuasion and Independent Study-Intro to Web Design/Arch.
Associates Degree- Graphic Communications/
Hawkeye College, Waterloo Iowa
–Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
•Courses included Introduction to Statistical Methods, Desktop Publishing, Typography, Design and Layout, Electronic & Principles of Illustration, Web Page Construction, Interactive Multimedia and Graphic Imaging,
CONTRACT & FREELANCE JOBS
-Graphic & Video Production (3/11)
Alexis Pickett, Loganville, GA
Grayson High School Varsity Tip Off Club (2/11)
-Graphic Design/ Web Developer (2010)
Representative Helen Miller, Fort Dodge Iowa
-Event Planning Coordinator/ Graphic Design 4/09-10/09
Iowa’s Black Hawk County Annual NAACP Banquet
Sharon Goodson, President
-Integrating Marketing Communications 1/08-06/08
100 Wartburg boulevards, Waverly, IA 50677-0903
-Web Designer 12/06-12/06
Secretary of State Office, Michael A. Mauro
321 E. 12th St., Des Moines, IA 50319
Supervised by IT Director, Harry Davis
-Company Branding 2/06-4/06
LaVinda Clothing Store
905 Gilbert Street, Waterloo, IA 50707
Linda Harris/ Owner, Waterloo IA
Iowa State House of Representatives 83rd General Assembly
Public Safety Secretary / Social Media Developer 1/09- 1/11
1007 East Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50319-1001
State Representative Kerry Burt ?
• Social Marketing
• Played key roll in Website Development and SOE
• Coordinate the Annual Events and fundraisers
• Create graphic publications and Certificates
• Edit and update site using multiple languages, including HTML and CSS
• Work collaboratively with constituents, media and other Legislatives
• Organize Legislative schedule for Events, Public Speaking, and travel
• Liaison between Legislative Burt and constituents
• Create and distribute weekly Newsletters
• Multi Task various jobs to meet deadline
• Deliberate record votes
• Update votes and meetings on Iowa Legislative website
• Research Iowa State House and Senate Bills
• Maintain confidentiality
• Exemplify Leadership/ work independent and proficient
• Perform general secretarial duties:
o Minutes, Compose letters, Generate Reports, Make Phone Calls, Face to Face Collaborations with constituents, Reply to a massive amount of daily emails, phone calls and messages, Worked other duties as assigned and Large mailings
GMAC Mortgage LLC
•Remain as a neutral third party between buyer and seller in a real estate purchase transaction at all times.
•Receive and hold buyer’s funds in a non interest paying trust account.
•Send the signed loan documents and all lender required items to the new lender for funding.
•Prepare Escrow Instructions/General Provisions, Amendments, Grant Deed (for seller’s signature), Estimated Closing Statement and any additional documents required to clear title or as required by the new lender
•Obtain reports as required by the purchase contract
•Receive loan documents from the buyer’s new lender
•Prepare amendments and estimated closing statements as required by the lender.
•Order the evidence of insurance from the buyer insurance agent.
•Make sure that all proper paperwork is in escrow to provide the buyer with clear title to the property.
•Make sure escrow is in receipt of all funds necessary to pay the seller their proceeds as well as all invoices agreed upon by buyer and seller during escrow.
•Make sure escrow is in receipt of buyer and seller signatures on Purchase Agreement and Joint Escrow Instructions, Escrow Instructions/General Provisions, Grant Deed, any Amendments, Estimated Closing Statements and any other documents required during escrow.
•Make sure the seller has sufficient equity in the property to cover all costs.
•Liaison between buyer and seller on the purchase agreement and transferring the property into the buyer’s name.
•Send original recordable documents and releases to clear title to the title company for recording at the close of escrow.
Status of African American/ Human Rights Division
Public Relations Coordinator
• Assist in Coordination of OCBI Annual Event
• OCBI conference marketing and branding
(Save the Date Card, Poster, Website)
• Produced all fliers, posters, newspaper ads, annual brochures for distribution.
• Work with Event Planning Committee
• Write Press Release on Media Press Conference
• Commissioner Presentation
• Schedule and arrange Commissioners meetings
• Photography for Media Press Conference
• Produce weekly e-news letters
• Create PowerPoint presentations for Director
Iowa Secretary of State Office, Chet Culver
Graphic Design • Redesign Secretary Of State’s Logo /Branding
• Design and create direct mailing, save the date cards, lapel pins, certificates etc.
• Train on Iowa’s new Voter Machines
• Network State Fair election booth
• Facilitate monthly Nationalization Ceremonies
• Optimize file size and software platform
• Prepare files for print and web
• Develop and manage design/production