Graphic/Web Designer, Copywriter & Digital Artist
email: email@example.com | mobile: 240.315.6852
Portfolio site: www.flintandsteelstudio.com
5+ years in the creative and advertising space. Background in usability design, SEO, analytics, & optimization.
Freelance Designer / Writer, Founder (2007 – Present) @ Flint + Steel Studio – Creative Services Agency
Creative Designer (February 2010 – April 2011) @ Adknowledge – 4th Largest Advertising Marketplace
- Created all-time top performing / revenue generating email for worldwide marketplace with thousands of ads.
- Designed, wrote copy for, and coded hundreds of affiliate emails, banners, and landing pages for publishers.
- Conducted optimization tests on ads to increase CTR and CVR metrics.
- Designed web and print collateral for Affiliate and Corporate marketing departments.
- Managed and gave art direction to offsite freelancer.
- Led initiatives for promotional ideas, new reporting tools, CMS enhancements, UI audit, and more.
Web Designer (July 2008 – December 2009) @ Acronym Media – Search Engine Marketing Leader
- Designed, wrote (SEO), implemented, analyzed, and optimized landing pages and microsites for Usability/Web Analytics clients. Created Flash banners and digital magazine ads for Affiliate clients.
- Provided design support for internal collateral: web, PPT, corporate ID, whitepapers, post cards, and emails.
- Conducted split (A/B) and multivariate (MVT) tests, usability audits, and one-on-one research sessions.
Designer/Copywriter (May 2007 – March 2008) @ Inroads – Full-Service Marketing Firm
- SEO copywriting, graphic design (web/print), HTML, Flash, proposals, assistance with product launches.
- Wrote over 70 original articles for popular office furniture blog, linked to from the Wall Street Journal.
Proposal Writer (August 2006 – March 2007) @ Immersion Active – The 50+ Marketing Agency
- Estimate projects, write proposals, analyze budget/timesheets, QA, update HTML, and conduct user tests.
Planit (September 2005 – January 2006)
HookMeUp Marketing (June 2004 – November 2004)
Loyola College (2002-2006)
- Study Abroad Program at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia (Spring 2005)
- Graduated magna *** laude with B.A. in Communications, specialization in Ad/PR. Marketing Minor.
- Honors Program Secretary. Advertising Honors Society Member, Lambda Pi Eta. Pool Club President
- Loyola College Presidential Scholar. Maryland Distinguished Scholar.
Skills & Proficiency
Web/Design/Print: Adobe CS5: Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Flash/Catalyst, Dreamweaver, InDesign.
Other: Corel Draw / Painter, Sketchup, Poser, Daz Studio, Bryce; Quark; Gimp, ArtRage, Jasc, Serif. Final Cut Express, Shake, Avid. MS Office Suite; Omniture, Yahoo! IndexTools, Google Analytics, AdWords, AdSense.
Clients & Industries
Acronym Media: Humana, Sirius|XM, Wharton/UPenn, Four Seasons, Sony, AdvanceWare, DoubleDay Books.
Inroads: Various clients in the electronics, apparel, legal, financial, travel, and household products industries.
Immersion Active: AARP, AOPA, Mattress Warehouse, Baltimore Ravens, retirement communities, travel.
Freelance: Cartesian Interactive, FlowLogic, Lebherz Insurance Agency, Ovation Artists.