Michael H. Rybka
1223 Meadow Lane • Chelsea, Michigan 48118
734-475-8597 (home) / 734-255-5985 (cell)
Exceptional grasp of spelling, grammar, vocabulary, punctuation and sentence structure. Proven ability to write on many subjects employing different tones. Reliably able to make the academic accessible to general public.
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Political Science, Eastern Michigan University, April 1997
09/12 – pres. Greenwood Acres RV Campground –Jackson, Mich.
Seasonal Office Assistant
• Data entry update of existing and new contracts
• Suggest and book sites for following year
• Respond to external inquiries directly and in writing
07/10 – 05/12 Kern Auto & Convenience – Chelsea, Mich.
• Worked unsupervised /solo shifts with average sales of $3,000
• Was responsible for balancing two cash drawers and accurate accounting of lottery and cigarette sales
• Used my knowledge of the community to create a strong and loyal customer base
04/09 – 05/11
03/06 – 04/09 Comfort Inn – Chelsea, Mich.
Reddeman Farms Golf Club – Chelsea, Mich.
Front-of-House Hospitality Service
• Multiple duties including bartending and serving for the general public and for private banquets, banquet set-up and breakdown
• Assisted wherever needed including food prep and cooking
02/02 – 03/07 Contracted Writer
• Contracted by local businesses to create flyers, pamphlets and press releases to publicize new products and strategies.
• Contracted by several newspapers to cover governing boards and contribute feature stories.
10/98 – 02/02 Polly’s Country Market – Chelsea, Mich.
Office Manager/Front-End Supervisor
• Overseer of cashiers, baggers & customer services center
• Responsible for collecting and readying nightly store deposits as well as protocol related to a full-spectrum of lottery options
05/97 – 08/99 The Chelsea Standard/The Dexter Leader – Chelsea, Mich.
Staff Writer/Contracted Writer
• Contracted for a year by the Chelsea Standard/Dexter Leader/ Manchester Enterprise before becoming a staff writer
• Contributed feature stories and columns
Microsoft Word, Excel, office machines, stock ordering and inventory