5 June 2011
In 2009 I was awarded a Bachelor of Arts First Class Honours Degree in History and English from NUI Maynooth and thus I have acquired the critical and analytical skills necessary for this position. As a current PhD student I am not only obliged to ensure that my own work is produced to the highest literary, grammatical and academic standard but I am also expected to meet tight deadlines through self-motivation and discipline.
Having worked as a tutor for undergraduate students with the Department of History, NUI Maynooth, I am accustomed to painstakingly reviewing and proof reading student assignments and projects in order to ensure overall coherency and unity so that each student can reach their full potential. I received excellent evaluations from my students at the end of the academic year who praised my detailed feedback and advice, which allowed them to enhance the quality of their writing. I have also proof read for other students outside my own disciplines and university, in subjects as diverse as business studies, health sciences, physics and computer science with positive results for those clients.
I am an extremely swift and thorough reader. I have also acquired significant administration and clerical experience and I believe that my experience, skills and industrious and reliable nature would enable me to reach a very high standard of work.
Name: Emma Edwards
Address: 39 Bloomfield, Clonard Road, Wexford.
Contact Numbers: 353 086 8638996
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Level Education
National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, from September 2006-present.
Second Level Education
Presentation Secondary School, Grogan’s Road, Wexford, from September 2001 to June 2006.
Primary Level Education
Mercy National School, Kennedy Park, Wexford 1993-2001.
Bachelor of Arts First Class Honours Degree awarded by N.U.I Maynooth, September 2009.
Leaving Certificate Examinations completed in 2006.
Subject Level Grade
English Higher A1
Maths Higher B3
Irish Higher A1
French Higher A1
History Higher A1
Geography Higher A2
Biology Higher A2
Junior Certificate Examinations completed in 2004.
Subject Level Grade
English Higher A
Maths Higher A
Irish Higher A
French Higher A
History Higher A
Geography Higher A
Science Higher A
Business Studies Higher A
Home Economics Higher A
C.S.P.E. Higher A
• Love to read works of literature and historical texts.
• Participated and achieved a distinction in an accredited language course in 2010-2011 and have acquired significant competence in French.
• Have won an entrance scholarship to N.U.I Maynooth, as well as a departmental scholarship upon the commencement of my postgraduate academic career.
• Have worked as a sales assistant in Byrnes World of Wonder, Toy and Bookshop, Clonard Retail Park from September 2007-present.
• Worked as a customer service representative.
• Also merchandised and created attractive book displays.
• I am an avid reader myself I was able to give customers excellent advice on their purchases and was awarded 96 per cent in a mystery shopper review.
Department of History, NUI Maynooth
• Have worked as a tutor for the History Department, N.U.I Maynooth from September 2009-June 2010.
• Reviewed, proof read and corrected undergraduate essays.
• Taught hour long tutorials on the subjects covered in lectures.
• Liaised between students and Department of History,
• Prepared students for examinations.
• Received excellent evaluations from students.
Examinations Office, NUI Maynooth
• Have worked as a junior invigilator for the Examinations Office, N.U.I Maynooth in both 2010 and 2011.
• Liaised between students and examination office and lecturers.
• Performed the necessary clerical work to ensure that students received all the necessary exam materials.
• Ensured that all scripts were accounted for and delivered safely to academic staff for correction.
Wexford County Council
• Have worked in the Housing Section, Wexford County Council in both the summers of 2008 and 2009.
• Worked as an assistant to the Wexford Area Housing Office. A
• ssisted her in her written telephone correspondence.
• Uploaded and amended information on the Local Authority Housing List.
As I am a postgraduate student I would be available for a maximum of 16-20 hours per week.