PO Box 51152
Telephone: (031) 206 1622
Mobile: 084 50 444 38
• KEY SKILLS:
I HAVE AN IMPECCABLE COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN BOTH ITS WRITTEN AND ORAL FORM AND AM ABLE TO COMMUNICATE CLEARLY AND CONCISELY ON AN INTERPERSONAL LEVEL. MY PREVIOUS WRITING EXPERIENCE AND TERTIARY EDUCATION HAVE PROVIDED ME WITH HIGHLY DEVELOPED RESEARCH AND INTERVIEWING SKILLS. I AM ALSO COMPUTER LITERATE AND INTERNET PROFICIENT.
IN THE WORKPLACE I PRIDE MYSELF ON MAINTAINING A PROFESSIONAL WORK ETHIC. I AM A WILLING SELF-STARTER, EAGERLY TAKING ON THE INITIATIVE TO PUT MY NATURAL CREATIVE DRIVE TO USE, GENERATING IDEAS, INITIATING AND COMPLETING PROJECTS WHILST REQUIRING MINIMAL SUPERVISION. FURTHERMORE, I THRIVE UNDER PRESURE AND RELISH THE CHALLENGE OF MEETING STRICT DEADLINES. THOUGH I AM AN INDEPENDANT WORKER, I AM MORE THAN ABLE TO WORK IN TEAMS WHENEVER NECCESSARY.
• QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
MY QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE A BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREE FROM UKZN AND I HAVE THREE YEARS MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE AT THE DURBAN GOLF PRACTICE CENTRE.
MY GOAL IS TO OBTAIN A LECTURING POSITION WITH BOSTON MEDIA HOUSE.
University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
Bachelor of Arts / Honours Psychology 2008 – 2005
• Majors: English; Psychology
• Related Coursework: Media and Communication; Philosophy; Anthropology; Classical Civilizations
I completed a six-month module in copy and content editing as part of my English degree.
I received a Dean’s Commendation for outstanding Academic Merit. (1st Year)
I Received a Certificate of Merit for Academic Merit in Creative Writing (3rd Year)
Durban High School
Matric with Full Exemption 2004 – 2000
• English: 1st Language • HG • B
• History • HG • A
• Biology • HG • B
• Afrikaans: 2nd Language • HG • A
• Mathematics • HG • C
• Physical Science • HG • E
• Aggregate • M (Passed with Merit)
Passed with Merit
Durban Golf Practise Centre
Part-Time Manager 2010 – 2008
• Managing Golf Range;
• Liaising with customers;
• Club and Contract Sales;
• Delegating staff responsibility and shifts;
• Managing Bar Restaurant;
• Cashing up, stocktaking;
Developing team leadership and initiative skills.
Developing rapport with long term clients.
Freelance Writer / Blogger 2010 – 2009
• The Steve Fataar Story – I have written a full-length biography about the life and career of this incredible Durban music legend. The resulting book, The Steve Fataar Story, (pending some editorial work) is due to be published by Rebel Rabble Publishers. Extensive in-depth interviewing and writing was required to complete this project.
• Writing Quality Articles for Local Online Magazines: DriveRSA; Mahala.com; Nearlyillicit.com
• I’m starting a personal Blog wherein I can collate and self-publish my online articles.
Publishing deal, seeing articles published online.
Waiter 2003 – 2004
• During high school I spent just over a year waiting tables at the ****** Cafe.
• Amateur photographer - Able to take and digitally edit high-quality professional images.
• I have a driver’s licence and my own vehicle.
• Outside of a professional environment, holds a keen interest in short-story fiction writing; songwriting; electric guitar; and golf.
Date of Birth 30 September 1986
Nationality South African
Marital Status Single
Driving Licence Code 8
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST