Bachelor of Social Work 2005-2008
¬University of South Florida
¬Associate Degree in Psychology 2005
¬Polk Community College
• Multi-Methods of Social Work I / II : Demonstrated skills used in counseling.
• Human Behavior / Social Environment I / II : Introduced to the Macro and Micro levels of people in their situations.
• Research and Statistics for Social Work : Constructed a research experiment.
• Cultural Anthropology : Studied the differences in cultures globally.
• Introductory Sociology : Acquired the skill in objectively analyzing society.
Dependency Case Manager February, 2009 - Present
Children's Home Society
• Maintain documentation and case files according to contract standards.
• Coordinates services with other professionals.
• Prepare court documents in a timely manner.
• Assess the needs of clients and develop service plans.
• Provides referrals to families in a timely manner.
Practicum Student September, 2008 - December, 2008
The Salvation Army - Addictions Recovery Program
• ¬Created professional relationships with clients.
• Conducted a series of classes on relationship building.
• Performed one-on-one counseling sessions with clients.
• Facilitated group therapy sessions that consisted of five to eight clients.
Shift Supervisor October, 2006 - July, 2008
• ¬Assigned tasks for up to four employees to cultivate a positive environment for the barista and customer.
• Daily deposited money to the bank and balanced cash drawers.
• Created a welcoming environment for customers.
• Trained employees on the proper use of equipment and customer satisfaction.
Sales Associate October, 2000 - October, 2006
Peace Creek Beading
• ¬Assisted manager with appointing tasks for the day.
• Taught jewelry classes and learned to communicate ideas to groups of people.
• Designed new layouts for merchandise on a weekly basis.
• Organized jewelry preparation area.
• Prepared inventories on a weekly basis for managers.
¬Birmingham, Alabama - 1999
• ¬Worked on a team with ten members.
• Helped to identify the needs of low income families.
• Demonstrated compassion by listening to the needs of the family.
• Learned how to work within a large organization.
¬Puerto Rico - 2000
• ¬Assisted builders as they built houses for the community.
• Learned how to work with different cultures.
• Initiated relationships with the community.
• Assessed needs of the community.