Marketing and Design Consultant/ Senior Graphic Designer Columbia SC / Traverse City,Michigan 2003-Present
• Professional graphic designer with vast knowledge, experience and unlimited creativity. Outstanding print media design and execution
• skills, quick turn around times
• Proficient in developing compelling brand identity, original company/restaurant logos, competitive brochures, distinguishing
advertising campaigns, point-of-sale display, promotion concept, development and implementation
• Proficient in MAC/PC programs, networking with acceptable formats, camera ready art, working directly with printers, magazines
• Designed and produced print media for over twenty restaurants in Traverse City,Mi. Company logos, menus, wine tastings and food
events, catering materials and ads, unique brochures, booklets, gift certificates, holiday promotions, coupons, tickets, etc
• Reformat print media and design original art for web use, update sites, facebook posts, excellent photoshop skills used to produce
headers, promotional downloadable online coupons, flyers, etc.
• Retail marketing strategizing for startup and existing businesses/restaurants with particular attention paid to competition, building a
• unique brand, and putting future growth plans and marketing tactics into place. original logos designed for six restaurants
• Designed website and continue to host and blog, twitter, facebook and stumble upon regularly for Sleder’s Restaurant. Created character
Randolph Themoose for billboards, twitter, etc.
• Created and developed complete product packaging and drew original animated characters for HIP BONES dog biscuits, and
five more affiliated products.Worked directly with owners, printers to produce camera-ready art for packages, store display units, trade
show booths, banners, magzine ads, wall and floor graphics.
The Copy Shop Graphic Designer/Consultant Traverse City,Michigan 1997-2003
• Designed camera ready art for multitudes of businesses, charities, local government, elections, local communities and individuals.
• Booklets, magazine ads, personal cards and flyers, newsletters, annual reports, short publications, etc.
• Worked directly and indirectly with walk-in’s, advertising agencies, attorney high profile cases, businesses, files sent online.
• High paced, demanding atmosphere, no room for error. Produce camera ready art to run on in-house copiers, large format printers,
• and individual formats and specifications required by many local printers.
ProtoType Design and Print Owner Austin,Texas 1990-1996
• Graphic Designer offering complete graphic, camera and print services.
• Landed Armstrong Mc-Call and their bi-monthly beauty magazine in 1992.Worked hand in hand with director. Produced entire
• magazine on my own including all ad design, page layouts, camera-ready half-tones, and final negatives provided for print
• Built my own darkroom and purchased production camera and various photo lens/chemicals to produce half-tones for production.
• Excellent communication skills used to build clientele, experience
Callaghan’s General Store VisualMerchandiser Austin,Texas 1989-1990
Visual displays and store windows, mannequins, western clothing sales, cash register, customer service.
Quality Composing Graphic Designer/Typesetter Austin,Texas 1983-1988
Graphic Designer offering complete graphic, camera and print services. Became so quick and efficient, owner let two other designers go
Circle S Grocery Store Circulars Layout Artist Victoria,Texas 1982-1983
Never ending chain of grocery stores weekly ad supplement to Austin,Texas newspapers.
Fast-paced, hectic, layout skills improved dramatically. Free-lance simultaneously
• Passion to excel, self-motivated, deep understanding of branding and creating creative visual solutions
• Well organized with attention to detail and ability to follow-through
• Familiar with standard concepts, best practices and procedures for direct marketing
• Strong interpersonal skills, willingness to collaborate with team members
• Strong creative problem solving skills; ability to interpret analytical thinking into design concepts
• Experience managing projects from start to finish that involve constant communication with outside vendors, clients
• Work well under pressure; effectively handle tight deadlines, unexpected delays, and changing priorities
* Wordpress, Joomla, Dreamweaver, Indesign, Photoshop, QuarkXpress, Illustrator, Word, Powerpoint
Education Cleveland Institute of Art, Cleveland OH 1978 -1981
Completed rigorous Foundation Program for Fine Artists
Lakeshore Central High School, Buffalo,New York 1975-1978