Writing has been a critical component of my position in the last 3 positions I have held. At Polk Work’s I began the Professionals Program that dealt with higher-skilled workforce candidates. The program emphasized the changes in employer expectations in resumes and content. I continue to assist friends and acquaintances with their resumes. At DocuLex, I edited our President’s White Papers, wrote Case Studies, the Business Plan and Manual for the Customer Experience Program (CEP) after identifying the gap in customer retention and re-wrote the DocuLex brochure to enhance end-user understanding. Finally, at St. Joseph’s, I am responsible for writing our Pastor’s pre-recorded voice message scripts, pulpit announcements, event scripts/agendas, volunteer speaker biographies and scripts, enhancing web content and collateral materials and all communications (i.e. letters, postcards, bulletin’s, etc).
Lakeland, Florida 33813
(863) 698 -9470
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Dynamic, experienced manager with proven expertise in communication, issue resolution and fundraising. Extensive knowledge and increasingly responsible positions in inside and outside sales. Operational, project management and leadership skills. Proven results, creativity, vision and sound business strategies for meeting goals.
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
ST. JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC CHURCH, ACADEMY & FOUNDATION CURRENT
• Responsible for volunteer recruitment, management and development, to include; 3 event committees, 4 boards and various support and fundraising committees
• Provided copy and content for web and church weekly bulletin
• Managed social media sites, press releases and blog:
• Cultivated donors relationships
• Enhanced existing volunteer, board member and donor relationships to grow contribution levels and other opportunities
• Developed volunteer job descriptions to provide chain of command and structure for volunteers
• Created donor amenity grid and all proposals for 3 events
• Implemented comprehensive Planned Giving program and all collateral materials
• Established Major Gift opportunities and implement program
DOCULEX, Polk County, FL 2010-2011
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE PROGRAM MANAGER (2011)
• Wrote business plan, developed framework and gained the responsibility for CEP
• Enhanced customer relationships through education, multiple touch points, smother renewal cycles and additional sales
• Developed and facilitated the CEP timeline including; press releases, mailers, emails, phone calls and issue resolution
• Created and hosted Customer Refresher Webinar series of topical webinars demonstrating key features in DocuLex software
• Liaised between internal business functions and 695 active, 24 hosting and over 1,500 inactive customers
• Adopted additional revenue streams and enhanced company reputation in the marketplace
• Re-wrote corporate brochure, website, customer step-by-step guides and weekly email/social media communications
• Recruited customer testimonials, case studies and co-wrote several industry articles
MANAGER, CHANNEL DEVELOPMENT (2010)
• Recruited new dealer prospects, managed and improved the dealer on-boarding process
• Gained command over Archive Studio suite software for the purpose of demonstration, consultation and selling
• Enhanced existing dealer relationships through consistent delivery of quotes, collateral materials and customer support
• Worked with newly recruited and existing dealers to generate leads and promote DocuLex software products
• Maintained, refined and updated critical CRM related contact information in 2 systems
• Magnet Mail, Marketing Campaign development, social media, collateral materials and other written communications
POLK WORKS, Polk County, FL 2009
BUSINESS SERVICES CONSULTANT
• Recruited, managed and developed relationships with Polk County executives.
• Collaborated with economic development council partners in Polk County (CFDC, LEDC, & respective chambers) on initiatives, high-risk companies and execution of programs.
• Developed and implemented operational programs to include; WorkForce 2020 Business Outreach Plan, Polk Works 2009-2010 Roundtable series (avg. 50-60 attendees, each), Targeted Community Outreach to rural Polk County (12 sessions in unincorporated Polk County), Professional Job Seeker program, Polk Works 2009 Annual Meeting (480 attendees), Employed Worker Training (8 contracts) and The State of the Workforce Summit (projected 500 attendees).
• Conducted Workforce on Parade, mass recruitments, job fairs, presentations, consultations and various outreach engagements to audiences of up to 500.
• Coached employer contacts on securing funding for new hire training, incumbent and employed worker training, recruitment, retention and various human resources issues.
• Created and edited marketing materials, managed social media and daily outreach communications.
• Liaised and managed relationships, agreements and events with 62 internal staff, 22 board staff and participating Polk-County employers.
SUMMIT, Lakeland, FL 2005-2008
SALES TEAM LEADER (2006-2008)
• Promoted to this position.
• Recruited, trained and mentored 11 employees.
• Co-managed the rollout of Summit’s on-line quoting system in June 2007, resulting in 78% increase in overall submissions.
• Restructured sales support team for greater efficiency. In 2008 a cost benefit analysis of one process showed a savings of over $300,000 for the company.
• Support team reflected record numbers and quality results for each process year-end 2007. Respective process results; 1,370 AOR changes,193 BOB transfers, 2,379 producer appointments, 449 commission and contingency arrangements, 24 hour response time to web requests 100% of the time, and 100% accuracy in all compliance tests. Preliminary 2008 results reflect further improved results.
• Enhanced intra-departmental collaboration by organizing support team job shadowing, resulting in coordinated marketing efforts and uniform workflows to and from key Summit departments.
• Launched a successful marketing initiative directed at agencies making up 70 % of Summit’s total agency book, gaining 100% retention, increased submissions and communication from the targeted group.
• Researched, proposed and completed project scope for implementing an agency management tool (Salesforce.com) for Summit’s Sales team, projected to roll-out January 2009.
MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE (2005 – 2006)
• Managed the oversight and negotiation of travel vendor contracts, including site inspections, resulting in an average per-contract savings of $50,000.
• Developed a process for trip management, including attendee communications, promotional materials and gifts, resulting in smoother timelines and highly valued agent incentives.
• Responsible for consistent and accurate tracking of 3000 agencies incentive travel
• Served as host and trip manager on and during incentive trips; responsible for crisis management, attendee satisfaction and coordination of on-site event details.
• Consistently met attendance goal of 30 agents per trip, encouraging sales of $250,000 premium level per agent.
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION, Polk County, FL 2001-2005
DIVISION DIRECTOR (2002 – 2005)
• Promoted to this position.
• Recruited, trained and developed assistant director, administrative assistant and over 200 volunteers for the community board. Implemented an advisory board of prominent area CEO’s.
• Increased campaign results for the American Heart Association’s two signature fundraising event, Heart Gala by a net of $122,000 dollars and Heart Walk by a net of $212,000 during tenure.
• Cultivated donors, solicited corporate sponsorships, developed customized event sponsorship contracts and managed campaign ROI.
• Launched Polk County’s AED (automated external defibrillator) Heart Ready program, helping to place over 400 AED’s around our community.
• Developed planning process for the American Heart Association’s two signature events, including assessment of market potential, development of appropriate division goals, and the use of “best fund-raising practices” for each event.
YOUTH MARKET DIRECTOR (2001 – 2002)
• Developed partnerships with Polk, Highlands, Hendry, Glades, DeSoto, Hardee and Hillsborough County school systems, which resulted in Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart programs adopted in schools.
• Traveled to train school-site volunteers on program benefits and implementation.
• Used Siebel as an opportunity/account management tool for school sites, allowing for enhanced tracking and measurable return on investment.
• Increased school participation by 63%.
Bachelor of Arts, Criminology and Sociology, Florida Southern College, Lakeland, FL
JOB CERTIFICATIONS AND HONORS
Member, Mid-Florida Society for Human Resources Management
Polk Works Leadership Institute
Franklin Covey’s Leadership
Microsoft Excel, Level 1
Summit Excel Leadership Graduate
Franklin Covey’s 7 Habits/Time Management
Consultative Selling Skills
Critical Behavior Interviewing
CPO Law Enforcement Academy