MARK E. GOLDMAN
I am a creative, deadline-conscious Graphic Designer with design and production experience., seeking a responsible position that utilizes my skills and past experiences. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 5, QuarkXpress, and Freehand on Mac OS and Windows. Experience includes creating ads, newsletters, catalogs, websites and marketing material. Works well independently and as a member of a team. Accomplishes goals steadily with on time and on target results. Pays attention to immediate and practical organizational needs.
Freelance Graphic Designer/Marketing Consultant
2012 - present.
Marshall Color Studios, Belchertown, MA, December 2011 - January 2012.
• Color Separation of t-shirt designs, using Adobe Illustrator CS5, and Photoshop CS5.
Designs For Health, Suffield, CT (CoWorx Staffing Services), October 2011 - December 2011.
• Design of labels and marketing material for health supply company, using Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop CS5.
Electronic Prepress Artist
Chemi-Graphic, Inc., Ludlow, MA (Balance Staffing Service), August 2011 - September 2011.
• Electronic preparation of artwork using Adobe Illustrator CS5 to produce industrial identification products.
Electronic Prepress Artist
Callaway Golf Ball Operations, Chicopee, MA April 2008 - July 2009, May 2010 - July 2010.
• Transformed custom logos to usable art onto printing plates for custom golf ball stamping, golf club and humidor etching.
• Converted customer supplied art to vector by redrawing using Freehand and Illustrator.
• Color separated and color corrected four-color process jobs using Photoshop.
Ad Composing Manager/Graphic Designer
Westfield News Publishing, Westfield, MA August 2002 - April 2008
• Planned, scheduled, coordinated and directed graphics department composing ads for four newspapers.
• Design and composition of ads using Quark, Freehand, Photoshop and Acrobat on Mac OS.
• Created layouts, proof-read, met deadlines and performed quality-control on weekly publications.
Freelance Graphic Designer
• Star Press, Holyoke, MA 2002 (Catalog composition)
• Dave’s Soda and Pet Food City, Agawam, MA 2001 (Designing signs and ads)
Page Make-Up Associate
Dow Jones & Company, Chicopee, MA April 1998 - September 2001
• Composed Wall Street Journal and Barron’s newspapers by importing news, statistics, and graphics using Quark on a Mac.
• Accomplished on-time delivery by meeting daily deadlines for all newspaper editions.
Simon’s Stamps, Amherst, MA 1998
• Directed workflow in wholesale/retail rubber stamp company, managing a staff of four employees.
DeForest Associates, Wilbraham, MA 1995 - 1998
• Composed and met deadlines for multiple versions of four-color grocery circulars using Quark and Photoshop.
• Scanned and typeset monthly real estate magazines and biweekly newspaper.
AM Lithography, Chicopee, MA 1994 - 1995
• Coordinated weekly grocery circulars with pre-press department and customer.
• Managed quality control, directed workflow and supervised a staff of five to release circulars under deadline.
The Career Institute of AIC ( American Career Institute), Springfield, MA
• Digital Media Certificate in Graphic/Web Design 2010
Springfield Technical Community College, Springfield, MA
• Graphic Arts Technology, Continuing Education 2000 - 2001
Holyoke Community College, Holyoke, MA
• Associate in Arts Degree, Studio Art 1980