Brian Andrew Hickman
New York Film Academy, Los Angeles, California 09/11 - 09/13
Master’s of Fine Arts in Filmmaking – Emphasis in Directing
Columbia College Hollywood, Tarzana, California 01/06 - 12/08
Bachelors of Fine Arts in Film and TV Production
Various Independent Film Productions 2008 - 2013
• Grip; Truck Driver/Silent Cry Aloud (More2Life Entertainment) Dir. Erika Rogers 2013
• Director/Lost Warrior (New York Film Academy) 2013
• Key Grip/Orphans of The Living (New York Film Academy) Dir. Vidhu Balik 2013
• Digital Imaging Technician/Stepping Out (New York Film Academy) Dir. Natalie Padilla 2013
• Grip/Success Story Veterans Affairs PSA (Big Three Productions LLC) Dir. Kyle Hausmann-Stokes 2012
• Director/Walk Away (Columbia College Hollywood) 2008
• 1st Assistant Director/Elevator 7 (Columbia College Hollywood) Dir. Justin Chambers 2008
• Production Coordinator; 2nd 2nd Assistant Director/Down and Distance (Gorilla Films) Dir. Brian J De Palma 2008
• Production Assistant/Wild World of SPIKE (GRB Entertainment/SPIKE TV) 2008
Regal Entertainment, Associate manager 06/06 – 09/10
• Managed day-to-day operation of theatre through the supervision of upwards to 25 employees.
• Handled daily dealings with venders and customers for deliveries and setting up screenings.
• Handled cash upwards of $5000 and oversaw daily receipts and deposits with Armored Security personnel.
• Ensured optimal customer service to ensure guest with the best experience.
• Worked as a projectionist starting and making sure films are shown on time.
GRB Entertainment, Production and Development intern 01/07 – 03/07
• Researched potential talent, production companies, CGI companies and other general information for new projects in development via Studio System and other resources.
• Worked with producers of Wild World of SPIKE, Diagnosis X, and Chasing Mummies performing various tasks from research locations, stories, and paperwork for weekly productions.
United States Navy, Engineman 07/96 – 03/03
• Holds security clearance from the military
• Managed and supervised up to five more crew members in various shipboard operations.
• Troubleshot and overhaul small boat engines and other shipboard equipment as needed.
• Ensured the safety of the crew through supervision of fire safety equipment.
• Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox.
• Proficient in Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Moviemaker, IMovie, Soundtrack Pro, Final Draft.
• Basic Knowledge in Canon XL1, XL2, H1, 5D, DVX 100, HMC, ARRI SR Film, RED One, RED EPIC.
• Basic knowledge of Television studio equipment form cameras, switcher, audio board, lighting, and machine room operations.
• Digital Imaging Technician.
• Knowledge of grip packages from 1 ton to 3-ton packages.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• US Navy award, two good conduct awards for meritorious service.
• US Navy Award, Air Warfare Pin for superior knowledge of flight deck operations.
• US Navy Award, Surface Warfare Pin for superior knowledge of shipboard operations.
• Regal Entertainment, Employee of the month for excellence in guest service and theatre operations November 2006.