Proficient and dedicated MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST/COURT REPORTER with 19 years’ experience.
- Extremely focused and results oriented. Strong ability to identify objectives and prioritize
work flow to accomplish end goal.
- Research and transcribe information within demanding time frames.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Windows 7 Professional, eScription, Mosaiq, Case CATalyst,
- Type 100+ wpm
MDS OF KANSAS, Wichita, Kansas (Contract) July 2013 to Present
DSCRIPTION, South Bend, Indiana (Contract) November 2012 to June 2013
MOUNT CARMEL HEALTH SYSTEMS, Columbus, Ohio July 2006 to November 2012
NEPHROLOGY, INC., Mishawaka, Indiana (Contract) 1995-1996
Remote Medical Transcriptionist/Editor
- Typed, edited, and proofread over 32 report types for an acute care facility; transcribed for
private practice hematology/oncology and nephrology groups.
- Researched ambiguous, contradicted, or omitted dictated information to ensure report
integrity, preserved confidentiality of accessed information, and adhered to strict turn-
around policies as set forth by the organizational guidelines based on state regulations.
- Skilled in utilizing PowerChart, Mosaiq, eScription, and iKnowMed medical transcription
MIDWEST REPORTING, INC., Mishawaka, Indiana December 1996 to June 2007
BELL REPORTING, South Bend, Indiana
Freelance Court Reporter
- Accurately wrote up to 225 wpm two-voice verbatim testimony of depositions and sworn
statements in the criminal and civil sectors of the law.
- Exercised a high level of accuracy transcribing verbatim testimony, exhibited
professionalism in all situations, maintained extreme confidentiality, communicated
effectively with attorneys and their clients, utilized research tools, and processed transcripts
in an expeditious manner.
CHICAGO COLLEGE OF COMMERCE, Chicago, Illinois April 1993 to December 1996
Received education and training for the court reporting profession.
UNITED MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, Elkhart, Indiana 1985 to 1993
- Supported five senior level executives of a woodwind and brasswind musical instrument
- Served as liaison between executives and outside legal counsel, prepared agendas and
tracked action items, created spreadsheets, aided in designing presentations, compiled
promotional information for trade shows, gathered data for and prepared monthly reports,
kept corporate minute books, coordinated domestic and international travel plans, adapted
to changing priorities of project deadlines as necessary, maintained an extreme level of
confidentiality and drafted correspondence.
WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION, Benton Harbor, Michigan (Contract) 1982 to 1983
Assistant Program Coordinator
- Worked closely with Whirlpool Corporation senior executives to develop a Whirlpool-funded
- Assisted with educational grant writing; facilitated the development and implementation of a
retraining program for Whirlpool’s displaced workers; recruited, hired, and supervised
instructors for six disciplines of training. Organized community outreach presentations
regarding retraining program.
ORPHANS INTERNATIONAL HELPLINE, INC., Berrien Springs, Michigan (Non-salaried) 2007 to Present
Project Development Director
Formulate site plans and building plans for a 501(c)(3) organization focused on building a
community growth center in Bombardopolis, Haiti, to provide support for 120 orphans. Organize projects, raise funds, and delegate duties in order to build the Nan Creve Community Growth Center. Received training for writing grants to assist in fund-raising
efforts. Design PowerPoint presentations to be utilized during promotional public speaking
engagements. Make public appearances and presentations for fund raising. Retain project files. Prepare correspondence and documents in compliance with local governing Haitian
authorities. Successfully raised over $400,000 toward project completion
CHICAGO COLLEGE OF COMMERCE, Chicago, Illinois: Court Reporter, 1996
ANDREWS UNIVERSITY, Berrien Springs, Michigan: A.S. Records Management, 1983