Residence: (847) 297-4727 Mt. Prospect, Illinois firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: (630) 450-0282 http://www.linkedin.com/in/MadalynLaneRedini
Communications professional with talent for converting complex business concepts to clear, concise content; documenting processes and tactfully communicating sensitive information.
• Written and verbal communication
• Client relations, internal and external
• Interviewing subject matter experts
• Collaborative brainstorming
• Independent research
• Problem solving
• Report and form design
• International communications
• Process analysis, improvement and documentation
• Training material development and presentation
• MS Office 2007: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
• Internet based ERP type system
• Distribution and import processes
• Regulation compliance
• Detail orientation
UNITED STATIONERS SUPPLY CO., Deerfield, Illinois
North America's largest office and business products distributor; a Fortune 500 company with $4.7 billion in sales and subsidiaries in Mexico and Hong Kong.
Senior Analyst (2007-December 2010)
Provided a full range of support for global sourcing and import of private label products as member of a multi-department cross-functional team including product sourcing, brand management, marketing and transportation. Managed communications to customers, customer service representatives, end users and Hong Kong team. Administered Internet based system, provided customer and product support and coordinated special projects.
• Expedited customs clearing, resulting in reduced expenses and delays, as member of US Customs compliance certification team. Wrote all required procedures and designed interactive questionnaire. Assisted in determining requirements, establishment of security criteria and implementation strategy across the entire supply chain.
• Contributed to increased sales and improved brand image by establishing and implementing customer service and product support standards for private label office furniture products. Composed standard responses to common inquiries and handled most situations requiring extra tact. Received positive feedback from sales team and customers. Brand manager cited customer focused resolutions and positive client relations as significant factors for increased sales.
• Facilitated user adoption of Internet based system. Developed user training strategy, authored training and reference materials and presented training customized to user needs and abilities. Audiences included Hong Kong team, corporate management and various users company-wide.
• Successfully ensured data integrity for Internet based system by establishing and documenting control processes. Designed several reports to efficiently meet management and user information requirements.
• Created and implemented change strategy for extensive Internet based system upgrade. Strategic involvement of team members in feature design and testing resulted in significantly greater enthusiasm for the system and reduced reliance on backup spreadsheets and files.
Ensured data integrity for globally sourced private label products through oversight of and direct involvement in the gathering, calculation and verification of product data. Published product data in several systems and reports. Coordinated with more than a dozen departments and functions.
• Increased usability of Internet based system to effectively meet team requirements by extensively contributing to customization of the software and thorough testing. Several of these custom features were later added to the vendor’s standard base product. Coordinated successful initial installation and accurately transitioned data to the system.
• Received two peer nominated BRAVO awards for Job Performance Above and Beyond.
Import Analyst (2002-2005)
Provided comprehensive support for imported private label products and third party sourcing services provided by Hong Kong office, including product specifications and quality testing, packaging design and proofing, landed cost estimates, US Customs tariff research, coordination with ocean freight forwarder, PO tracking with Hong Kong team, product and freight invoice reconciliation, verification of supplier product liability insurance, acquisition of Material Safety Data Sheets and customer support. Met with product suppliers and service vendors. Coordinated with Hong Kong team, various internal departments and local sales manager.
• Supported outside consulting team in initial phase of rapid expansion of globally sourced private label product program. Fully implemented program met five year growth goals of quintupled sales.
• Provided import supply chain process documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance team.
Procedures and Records Administrator (1989-2002)
Wrote policies and procedures in collaboration with various management levels across the entire company. Managed all functions related to policies and procedures and records management, first in Legal then in Audit. Managed several special projects.
• Designed and developed Intranet site to expand access to company policies and procedures.
• Developed and implemented a company-wide hazardous material reporting and handling program for more than a dozen distribution centers to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations. The program was recognized for its thoroughness by the Michigan OSHA Safety Officer.
• Developed and implemented a records retention program, safeguarding company's interests and resulting in net cumulative savings of over $350,000 in first three years.
Office Automation Analyst (1986-1988)
Developed dBase systems and supported NBI dedicated word processing system as a member of End User Computing Department. Also wrote all policies and procedures and administered policies and procedures and records management functions.
• Led the training initiative for the conversion from dedicated NBI word processing to PC based MS Word for corporate administrative assistants. Developed training materials, presented training and acted as trouble-shooter. NBI to Word cross reference was praised by the users for making the change easier.
• Edited, co-authored and published End User Computing Newsletter to provide useful hints and other information to the company's personal computer users.
Procedures and Records Analyst (1983-1986)
Responsible for all functions related to policies and procedures and records management.
• Achieved top management's goal of accurate and accessible policies and procedures. Researched, developed and implemented a completely revised policy and procedure program. Designed new formats, standardized writing style, compiled a subject index, published new streamlined binders and established a reauthorization process.
• Facilitated implementation of new AP system software by providing transaction workflow analysis and controls documentation.
• Established a professional records management program, dramatically improving access to and security for stored records and easing space crisis at corporate office.
• Designed movable aisle color-coded filing system to maximize space usage and improve records access.
ILLINOIS WORKNET, Arlington Heights, Illinois
Presenter for Employment Workshops (April 2011 - present)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Major in Management
Roosevelt University, Chicago, Illinois
Dean's List, President of the Society for Advancement of Management, Beta Gamma Sigma honor society
• Senn-Delaney Leadership, Teambuilding & Culture Change • Quality Service Skills
• Advance Office Controls Work Measurement • Advanced Work Simplification
International Association of Business Communicators